SAU Community

Hks Evc Iii

huddy

currently i have this installed with a hks2530 with standard actuator... now i have it just turned 'off' (green backlight) and this runs the standard boost or something right? well its been dyno'd and tuned at around 1BAR in this mode...

i want to be able to still run this boost, but be able to adjust the gains etc. (i'm guessing this is the 'orange' or 'red' screen...

i DO have a hks evc III manual but i think it is a japlish translation and cant make much sense of it :(

thanks

-Matt

hey mate,

i also have a HKS EVC III..

in "green mode" the unit is essentially off and you are running stock boost.. it still displays the vacuum though.

What you wanna do is put it into self learn mode to get it to "learn" ur boost curve.. and then it'll set it's own "stock boost" setting based on ur mods.

to adjust boost just press the power button to get the orange/red backlight.. and u can fiddle with the high/low buttons..

there are several different modes and i am yet to figure out the significant difference between them all.. i just use the first orange/red mode that comes up when u cycle through.

i've got the manual in english sitting round on my comp at home. PM me if u want it. I'm at work atm so i cant get it to u just yet.

hope this helps dude.

green is unit off and boost controlled by actuator (int gate) or wastegate (ext gate).

red is unit on and its active controller boost. when its on red, press mode and cycle through the options to set boost in bar level. then thats all u need to do. it saves it and thats it. nothing more to fiddle with or adjust, couldnt be easier