SAU Community

Gt28-60 Too Big For A Stock Motor?

djr81

A fairly straight forward question:

In peoples opinions are the Garrett GT28-60's part number 707160-5 too large for a stock RB26?

Unfortunately I am yet to see a compressor map for these things (coming soon according to the website) and am a little concerned fitting them up on a stock motor (Usual exhaust, boost control, intakes, cam phasing done) will turn it into a lag meister without sufficient gains in the top end.

mate the 2560s are toted as a similar charger to the n1 varieties. depending on what condition your engine is in, with the right tune and setup they aren't too big, no. i'd imagine 300awkw would be reasonable although a bloke on here (pnblight from memory) is screwing more than that out of his setup.

do a search cos theres been a bit written about them.

d

mate the 2560s are toted as a similar charger to the n1 varieties. depending on what condition your engine is in, with the right tune and setup they aren't too big, no. i'd imagine 300awkw would be reasonable although a bloke on here (pnblight from memory) is screwing more than that out of his setup.

do a search cos theres been a bit written about them.

d

Yeah, I know Pete - he lives round the corner. It wasn't the top end performance I was questioning, more so how the turbos react in the mid range & also on/off boost.

Pete's 33 had some nice extras, not least of which were the Tomei Poncams...

theres a guy here in canberra running them on a stock-ish setup and he gets positive boost by 2900 revs. he says they're ultra responsive. i was considering them for my car but it looks like i'm selling it now! :P

theyre basically the same as 34 n1's in response.

if its midrange you're after, perhaps look towards 2530s. the sheer number of japanese workshops running them (inc the mines 34 which is completely and utterly drewl-worthy) should be an indication of their potential. i believe dirtgarage (two.06l) are screwing 400kw+ from them too, if outright hp is what you're shooting for.