SAU Community

Skyline Rego Costs in Qld

Gester

Hey, just bought a Skyline from Japan and waiting for it to arrive but in the meantime what are the approx costs to register it? Including CTP. Like what price am I looking for, for 6 months or 12 months? Its a 97 GTS-T Coupe so what prices do you guys pay?

Thanks in advance

I just paid mine 2 days ago. $344 for 6months. $678 (I think) for 12 months.

Rego doesn't depends on sports/family/transport etc. It depends on size and fuel type among other things.

Eg 4cyl , 6cyl/rotary 8cyl, then petrol or desiel. Obviously trucks etc have different rates but I think you get the idea

The reason SM (hmm sounds kinky heheh) have the best deals is because of their association with the government. But yeah they do supply a good deal over all, I would be surprized if someone was using a different company (unless they had a special deal with bundled house etc)

Yes I forgot about stamp duty, I sucks balls it does. May if you could prove you bought your car for $5.00 hmmmmmmmm

i rego'd mine for 6months in october.... costs were about $140 for stamp duty (sun corp metway) $250 for stamp duty (be careful here as you have to sign something saying that you are claiming the price as current market price --- not what you paid,, so if you do the dodgy, u may get in trouble. Also for some reason they only charged me $135 for 6months rego.. dont know why, but i wasnt complaining.