SAU Community

Buying From Flying International

I'm looking at purchasing some gear from Flying International (they're based in Sydney, NSW) and was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with these guys before?

http://www.flyn.com.au/

Wanting to purchase a Hybrid intercool kit from them.

But since their are copies of hybrid intercooler's around, I'm wondering if these hybrid intercoolers that they sell are copies although they do state that these are 100% real.

Anyone know anything to confirm this for me?

mate i bought one of these kits. the dude is a bit of a stooge. he had a kit pictured with silver piping then turned around and told me that it was for blue or red anodised piping after i bought it. i told him that i was going to contact ebay and inform them and all that sort of crap, so he sent me the cilver piping. also the pipes dont line up at all mate ,i had to modify them to make them fit. there generic fit piping rather than model specific.

do yourself a favour and buy a better quality one.

just my opinion.

I bought a Hybrid 2stage EBC from them... off ebay. After researching I found the price I paid was more expensive than off their own website.

EDIT: thats ebay for you though - you win some and you lose some. As is Im WAY ahead with the win ratio! :lol:

Edited by bwilkeson

I'm looking at their website and the offer they also have on ebay. Their ebay deal is $40.00 cheaper then what they are offering on their own website.

My other choice of performance shop that I've found (a advertisement up top) is AutoSpeedBits.com.au.

Anyone had any dealings with AutoSpeedBits at all?

These guys are about $100-$200 more expensive but just wondering if its the same type of deal that Flying International provide, etc.

I'm not really up to be goofed around by a bunch of performance shops that are not going to provide the correct fittings, etc. Much rather get the right fittings so it can all go on at the one time, not fit the cooler today, find the pipping is to short and then have to wait a week to get the right pipe, etc.

But only problem is that HKS is a bit out of my pocket and it's really only paying for the name.

I'm just looking for a simple kit around the $500-$700 mark.

Trust me it isnt just the name you are paying for! they really are far better kits, but if it is out of budget it is out of budget. Bear in mind if you have to get a new lot of piping made to fit that can be a few hundred dollars anyway!

Edited by Bunta

bought the hybrid kit for R33.. havnt put on car yet (goes on in the next few days). Will keep any probalems or hassles posted. The kit comes in a legit box with legit packaged parts so i would say it is the real deal and not a copy. You do have to cut a hole in the front right wheel well to fit the piping hwoever!

Bunta...  with your possible help of installing this.  Is this a problem for us to do or best to get a body workshop to do the cutting for us dude?

We can do it if we are careful

http://www.slidewizeimports.com/products/yahoolinksR33.html

Have a look at this site too before you make you final decision

I bought the hybrid kit off FLYN last week and had no problems with pipes lining up. Could not be happier with the performance difference either. I would recommend the kit to anyone for that price.

i am not to sure about RWKW gains but the difference is like driving in 25deg celcius to 5 deg with the standard intercooler.

So basically the last few days have been 25deg here and the car is going as hard as it would after a late shift in the middle of winter.

i think maybe 10 to 15rwkw. Plus i have upped the boost from 10 to 12 psi now with the standard turbo.