SAU Community

Buying From Flying International

Why are they called 'Just Jap Type 1' intercoolers?

Are these not hybrid ones or something?

What people dont seem to realise is all these cheap intercoolers come from the same factory and are basically the exact same intercooler. Hybrid was one of the first people to bring these cheap coolers to Australia and they simply slapped a badge on the top and painted a logo on the core and bingo!

So the other coolers sold by companies like Just Jap arent "Hybrid copies" at all, they are the same thing.

just call em buddy. i'm sure they'll take direct deposit if you ask. and last time i ordered from them in the morning it was at my door that arvo.

Considering your in QLD i'd say that shipping would take 3-4 day....my guess.

Now Flying International have stated that JustJap are selling copies of hybrid intercoolers.  LOL!

I've replied back stating that hybrid intercoolers are just a cheap chinese intercoolers.  All these hybrid intercoolers are, are just intercoolers with the name/logo 'Hybrid' slapped on the top of them.

Now a-waiting their response to see what they're goin to say.

-----

By the way...  the information about hybrid intercoolers that i stated above was given to me by the guy i talked to on the phone from JustJaps.

by all means try and get an answer you are happy with, but i would suggest try and use some discretion in what exactly you say as it's no good starting a bun fight with yourself in the middle.

For the record i have dealt with Ray from Flyn before (over 3 years ago when they were just starting) and was very happy with his service and product then.

I have also dealt with just jap and have always been happy there. I was lucky enough to receive one of their intercoolers as a gift and i must say the quality of it can't be faulted. I can't speak of the performance yet as i haven't fitted it, but it does look very good.

mate, i never said you were trying to start a fight i was just saying to be a little considerate in how you deal with these companies. of course they are both defensive of their product and to email Flyn saying:

I've replied back stating that hybrid intercoolers are just a cheap chinese intercoolers.  All these hybrid intercoolers are, are just intercoolers with the name/logo 'Hybrid' slapped on the top of them.

is bound to get them to fire up.

In no way am I trying to start any fights or step on any toes.  It was however Flying International that have made the statement to me that JustJap are the ones selling copies of Hybrid intercoolers.

Flying International have also replied to another email of mine and they've also now stated that Hybrid Australia are sueing JustJap for selling copies.

After now being put in the middle of this dispute by Flying International.  I'm thinking just pissing both of these guys off and going and buying a $1,200 blitz or hks intercooler and kit.

Wow, your a clown.

Id be extremely careful before you repeat conversations, particularly legal conversations on the internet.

Hybrid doesnt have exclusive rights from the factory in China that produces intercoolers so no, they cant sue Just Jap, or the 50 other businesses that sell the same intercoolers.

If Just Jap were selling their kits as "Hybrid" kits, then you would have a point, but they arent so I would shut up before you land yourself in hot water :)

Wow, your a clown.

Id be extremely careful before you repeat conversations, particularly legal conversations on the internet.

Hybrid doesnt have exclusive rights from the factory in China that produces intercoolers so no, they cant sue Just Jap, or the 50 other businesses that sell the same intercoolers.

If Just Jap were selling their kits as "Hybrid" kits, then you would have a point, but they arent so I would shut up before you land yourself in hot water :D

I was only going by what Flying International had said.

However, I've deleted my post above.

Fact that Flyn have even stated that JustJap are being sued by Hybrid goes to show what Flyn will do to get the interested clients in JustJap to go to them in my opinion.

So, now question is.... Is the Intercoolers that JustJap sell hybrid ones but just not labled 'Hybrid' on them?

If not labeled, are just logo'd 'JustJap' or is there no logo on them?

I was only going by what Flying International had said.

However, I've deleted my post above.

Fact that Flyn have even stated that JustJap are being sued by Hybrid goes to show what Flyn will do to get the interested clients in JustJap to go to them in my opinion.

So, now question is....  Is the Intercoolers that JustJap sell hybrid ones but just not labled 'Hybrid' on them?

If not labeled, are just logo'd 'JustJap' or is there no logo on them?

Mate, you dont seem to understand. They are all the SAME INTERCOOLER

it just so happens that Hybrid puts their badge on them to market them as a "Hybrid" product

Can you see a logo on the Just Jap intercoolers?

Mate, you dont seem to understand. They are all the SAME INTERCOOLER

it just so happens that Hybrid puts their badge on them to market them as a "Hybrid" product

Can you see a logo on the Just Jap intercoolers?

Dude... I'm only asking. I only have an understanding as to how these intercoolers work but not much knowledge of the branding between each of them nor what a hybrid intercooler would do compared to a hks intercooler would do.

I'm looking at purchasing some gear from Flying International (they're based in Sydney, NSW) and was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with these guys before?

http://www.flyn.com.au/

Wanting to purchase a Hybrid intercool kit from them. 

But since their are copies of hybrid intercooler's around, I'm wondering if these hybrid intercoolers that they sell are copies although they do state that these are 100% real.

Anyone know anything to confirm this for me?

I got mine from them Hybrid super monster intercooler came with fitting instructions all fitted up fine and works well. It has a hybrid plate on top of it I guess its genuine.

Back to the orig question.

I bought the justjap cooler for $175.

Cut and taped up some mandrel bends, got them welded all up it was under $400.

$11 per mandrel mild bend from livo exhaust.

Mate its your decision

If you want to question each company as to why they have the prices they do, and why they market in the way they do then go ring them.

:P

Its just an intercooler, and at the end of the day, you will not see any real world difference in performance between either of those kits.

By the way if you look at that Just Jap forum special page, I would say the reason they sell a type 1 and type 2 kit is because they have two difference styles available and clearly its the easiest way to differenciate them.