SAU Community

Changing The Headdeck

Mr-Toy33

yeah you'd be hard pressed to get them to drop price on ebay, but go into jb hi fi etc, tell them you're about to buy X speakers, X headunit X subs X amp, and you'll only buy it for this amount. if its a reasonable price, you'll probably get it.

i got 2 head units off ebay from a seller i wont mention, and the first time i emailed them he offered to sell it to me directly, ie not via ebay, and i saved about $40 or something like that.

true, also if you buy a lot of shit at once, then they'll almost certainly lower their price.

im pretty sure the mark up is rather large, so they have quite a bit of room to move

margins vary from product to product.... but you can get a system at a proper car hi-fi store, in most instances, nearly as cheap as stuff coming from dodgEbay etc.

d

I disagree... I've taken my prices to a lot of places and they all tell me it's a lot less than there cost price, so how can they match it? They're not going to make a loss just to prove a point...

I disagree...  I've taken my prices to a lot of places and they all tell me it's a lot less than there cost price, so how can they match it?  They're not going to make a loss just to prove a point...

some places will man. i'd quite often go below cost on a products when i was selling hi-fi just to take the customer out of the market. that way you gain a customer instead of losing them. almost any shop will beat a price, but rarely will do anything price wise when matching prices from the net (ebay/wholesalers/parallel imports etc). you've got to be vigilant man!!! ;)

d

So you're saying they'll match any price from another shopfront but not off the net? This makes sense... but then again, why would someone buy from a store if he/she can get it off the net for a further discounted price.

I know that warranties are a big issue, but then again its car audio... how often do they go wrong?