SAU Community

Changing The Headdeck

Mr-Toy33

Got a R33 skyline and got a odd head deck in it which fills the whole gap that the normal cd player & radio came in, in the skyline.

Anyway... not liking the headdeck that came with the skyline due to a few reasons, mostly because its damm hard to figure out how to use it without any manuals.

So... what I'm thinking is either

a) get a normal size mp3 head deck

or

B) get a dvd head deck player & a 7" screen mounted above the dvd player to fill the whole game.

Just wondering what would be best to do?

Also if I was to get the mp3 head deck, how would I forfill the gap underneath it? Where would I get one of those small bucket place holding things that people put in theirs if they get the small face plate head deck things?

Thanks!

Satanic, I have seen them... if it's the ones I've seen then they are two units, one with a no-name screen, that connects up to a no-name head unit that plays DVDs, CD,s etc...

I was looking to go down this path, but how often do you carry DVD's in the car and actually watch them? Meh! I bought an mp3 player, rewired the whole rig, and got an aftermarket DIN slot for my smokes and mobile. (same as my old car had).

To be honest, the aftermarket DIN pockets don't fit too nicely and I had to do some dremel-modding to make it screw in nicely. I'd be more inclined in the future to try getting a genuine pocket from Nissan that apparently is used on Pulsars etc.

That, or buy the pocket that you had for sale, Stan! I kinda wish I had seen it first... it looks like it'd fill a DIN hole perfectly!

Well it's actually just ON HOLD atm... although I don't think Prank will fall through :P WILL YOU NOW PRANK :P

And yes it is/was a perfect fit... even better than the replacement Sony I got ;)

Edited by satanic

Try going out to get a similiar item from Nissan... it'll be a lot more than $70 I can assure you. Besides as mentioned above this one has been taken, so obviously it wasn't overpriced.

Well, when I installed my head deck I put a cd holder instead of a pocket. It wasn't an exact fit so on the top I put some filler foam I found lying around my dad's workbench.

post-17515-1129538568.jpg

Just a thought for you.

How goes the search? you decided yet what you want to do with the stereo install?