SAU Community

RS73 is now MANUAL!!!!

rs73

The title speaks for itself....

I just so happy that my car is manual... after I went home, give my baby a good wash, then drive around a few times around the suburb.

I still need to find a gearknob as the parts didn't come with knobs. I'm currently using my bro's original Honda Civic knob, which makes it a bit awkward since it's too high for R33.

The only hint left is I still have that Power/Snow button, may

need to take that off and maybe put a rocket style launcher

there for dual stage boost controller.

Also the sweet note of my new trust cat-back exhaust on my car is just brilliant. Not too loud, but could have a slight drone at +/- 2000rpm (cruising 60km/h @ 4th gear). But I found a solution: downshift to 3rd gear gives me more power @ +/-2500rpm and exhaust becomes quieter, no drone...

The new caster rod polyurethane bushes also makes my car handles tighter, I felt safer when taking corners now.

Many thank's to Gerald from ICE Performance for doing all the works on my car. NEXT month: Front pipe (currently on shipment), SAFC tune, and hi flow cat.

Rianto

great to hear rs was I right or wrong re doing the swap I think you will agree with me its better to do it. than to seel and buy again especi~~~y cause your car is so mint.

I got thosecastor bushes as well they are great they make such a difference

cheers

meggala

I did the conversion job as well as replacing all engine oils full service and change timing belt. Put on exhaust and replacing caster rod bushes, all up cost me less than $5K, then added GST so it's over $5K. Takes 10 days...

I hope it's pretty ok price as the conversion alone should be around $3.5K already for an R33.... so $1.5K for timing belt, bushes, disc brake machining and brake pad replacements.

But I think I still need to go back, as I just found out when I put my car into reverse, the reverse light didn't turn on, so there must b something they forgot to wire...

At least it's still cheaper than sell then buy a manual, the cheapest changeover price I can get would be at least $8K if I do that, and that's not including timing belt replace/major service anyway...