SAU Community

R32 Gts-t Sunroof?

flukey

My GF just got a new honda jazz and we had it fitted with a sunroof. The dealer told us that this wasn't a stardard option from honda. He told us that the sunroof that was going to be put in was going to be done by the company who puts it on BMW (forgot the name of the company). I have to say it was done very nicely. Full electronic control. Makes me want to get one for my R33 but i would rather do the performance first.

It cost us an extra $2500 for the sunroof.

I think the ones that dealers get for cars that don't come with them factory-optioned are done by Hollandia. I'm pretty sure their standards are high, so you shouldn't have too many issues. As mentioned, it will probably be big dollars though.

I'm pretty sure that's who does the new car ones, but don't quote me on it.

Do a search through the Yellow/White pages (or Google it) and you might get a list of workshops contracted to do them.

sweet................ a sunroof is kool since its summer now its worth the moeny also not many skylines have sunroof i've seen a few with them so does any kkow now the address or that place its pretty pointless checking in the yellow pages or google it. just scared they are not reilable and the moeny will be wasted

its cool when ur mates smoke in the car they can blow it out the sunroof, see if they have the windows down they are gonna get ash all over my car i rather them ash it in my ash tray and blow it through the sunroof....... but then yeah it sounds alot for just a hole i nthe roof

Dude, I'm pretty sure Hollandia will be reliable - IIRC they have enough of a reputation to be doing kits for new car dealerships both with sunroof installs and also power window kits.

I found this link to help you with a search, just in case you do wish to go ahead and/or find out more on pricing...

Also found this link too, for a direct link to Webasto.

its cool when ur mates smoke in the car they can blow it out the sunroof, see if they have the windows down they are gonna get ash all over my car i rather them ash it in my ash tray and blow it through the sunroof....... but then yeah it sounds alot for just a hole i nthe roof

You let your mates smoke in your car??? :D

If one of my mates did that, I'd hit the eject button and send them straight to the sidewalk...

Anyway, back on topic, a friend of mine had a Webasto sunroof on his Astra SRi and never had any problems with it. I know it cost him a packet to get fitted though and I think the novelty of having it wore off after a while.

Personally, I think sunroofs are a nice thing to inherit when you buy a car (i had one on my Prelude and loved it), but I could never justify paying the $2.5k to get one fitted.

Wouldn't you rather spend the money on go fast bits or a nice set of wheels???

point 1, no one should smoke in your car, unless you are talking a big fat blunt which is acceptable. even you should not smoke cigarettes in your own car.

point 2, if it was me and i really wanted a sunroof i would get a GTST with a factory nissan sunroof. much better. plus they brace the roof differently in sunroof models to counteract some of the lost strength.

point 1, no one should smoke in your car, unless you are talking a big fat blunt which is acceptable. even you should not smoke cigarettes in your own car.

point 2, if it was me and i really wanted a sunroof i would get a GTST with a factory nissan sunroof. much better. plus they brace the roof differently in sunroof models to counteract some of the lost strength.

yeah right ~~so u are saying u dont smoke in ur car? :rolleyes:

actually no, there's not much bracing around the R32 factory sunroof... different shape roof support bar, that's about it.