SAU Community

13.4 second 1/4 for your 'stockish' R33. (A how to guide).

rev210

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

check out time slip.

Front pipe, cat and exhaust.

Boost up to 12 p.s.i

Unshielded Pod. (shield now on, but not during run)

BASS OUT

rev210 is correct. Standard Turbo, Standard Intercooler, Standard Computer.

• 4 weeks later...
best flowing and best filtering

I thought these statements were mutually exclusive?!?!?!

Do you have the tests? I am more than interested. Thanks dude.

Adrian

• 4 weeks later...

I just had a bit of a test run on a friend Passport G-Timer to see what to expect roughly with my new mods, since running a 14.1 with catback and pod.

I now have a cold air box with HKS filter, 3" catback exhaust, S-AFC2 and bleed valve with the car dyno tuned to run 11psi - running stock suspension and 255" rear tires. With the boost set to 10psi (don't entirely trust the bleed valve since I found it gets boost spikes on the road) the more notable results were:

0-60mph - 4.93

0-100mph - 12.05

0-60ft - 2.05

330ft - 5.78

1/8th - 8.78 @ 83.2mph

1000ft- 11.33

1/4 - 13.47 @ 105.3mph

Run was done with mechanically sympathetic gearchanges, I think there would be a bit more in it :D

I just had a bit of a test run on a friend Passport G-Timer to see what to expect roughly with my new mods, since running a 14.1 with catback and pod.

I now have a cold air box with HKS filter, 3" catback exhaust, S-AFC2 and bleed valve with the car dyno tuned to run 11psi - running stock suspension and 255" rear tires.  With the boost set to 10psi (don't entirely trust the bleed valve since I found it gets boost spikes on the road) the more notable results were:

0-60mph - 4.93

0-100mph - 12.05

0-60ft - 2.05

330ft - 5.78

1/8th - 8.78 @ 83.2mph

1000ft- 11.33

1/4     - 13.47 @ 105.3mph

Run was done with mechanically sympathetic gearchanges, I think there would be a bit more in it :cheers:

Thats a crazy 60', sure you dont have attessa hiding there somewhere? lol

Shame i dont remember all the rest of my stats (namely 8th mile data) to compare, looks like the whales could all have a good go with each other.

Lith,

If you look at my old time slip at the start of this thread thats a mid 13 time for sure. However the g-tech reading was not done on a drag strip surface? If not you might find the time is going to be generous by comparison. If you get the same 60ft time on the real drag stip you will certainly be getting that time however.

Lith,

If you look at my old time slip at the start of this thread thats a mid 13 time for sure. However the g-tech reading was not done on a drag strip surface? If not you might find the time is going to be generous by comparison. If you get the same 60ft time on the real drag stip you will certainly be getting that time however.

I agree completely, hence the fact that I am quoting my 14.1 @ 103mph time on my sig as my cars performance - despite the fact the car has a lot more power than it had when I did that time, as until winter ends there is no chance to prove its new potential :cheers: Anyone who knows me will know that I don't like to give myself false hopes, that time was just used to get an indication of progress and I posted it because it was an interesting comparative result.

Out of interest, the used road surface IS actually quite difficult to launch on (and there is the whole fact that being winter, its not going to be a nice sticky surface) - the launch method was virtually driving off from stationary and giving it gas when it was rolling (basically a 2000-2500rpm slip then floor it) which still resulted in some spin (despite quite good 255s)... but was easier to control from lower revs etc. 2.05 60ft indicates a very good launch, but because of the nature of the technique I wasn't carrying as much speed at the end of the 60ft as from slightly higher revs :)

How on earth can 107.6mph = 109mph??   Especially when 13.68 equals 13.6?   A

Talk about optimism

I thought it was 108.7? Ahh well, i couldnt actually remember, and i knew if i put up roughly what it was you would correct me anyway hahaha~ Hence the "optimistc" ness, you would notice it faster lmao

Sig: 14.1@ 101mph~ Pegasus (stock)

While I am picking nits then, does my car count as stock? As mine has the same mods as yours had when you ran the 14.1 :Bang: