SAU Community

13.4 second 1/4 for your 'stockish' R33. (A how to guide).

rev210

Shielding the pod is a great idea - the majority of air will be coming from the front of the car, the ambient heat from behind the filter basically acts as a contaminant to your nice cool air. The front of your car has a huge high pressure zone when you are moving, so long as you allow a path from there to the filter your car should not be starved in the slightest.

If the air is flowing from the front how is hot air from behind going to 'contaminate' the air flow into the POD?

I'm not saying you are wrong just wondering.

It could be that dyno results which 'prove' a shield is necessary, only do so 'cos the car is not moving (on the dyno) and so no 'cool' air is flowing from the front - w/out a shild the POD is just sucking in air from 360 deg around it which includes hot air around the engine. On the road it won't be like that of course with the 'cool' airflow from the front?

Edited by Battery_backup

so lithium how much rwkw u make at 6.7 psi???

The hell kind of question is that? I am pretty sure it made around 180rwkw on 7psi during a very early tune session, ran low 14s like that. I can't run any less than 12psi with the current setup - drag season is coming up, could have a friendly manual versus auto comparison :yes:

The hell kind of question is that? I am pretty sure it made around 180rwkw on 7psi during a very early tune session, ran low 14s like that. I can't run any less than 12psi with the current setup - drag season is coming up, could have a friendly manual versus auto comparison :yes:

Sorry i thought this was about standard times and ratings etc sorry if i got it wrong

Ill do it! Perfect. Fun fun.

line up a v8 with a c4 transmission and same rw power and see what happens

I think you'll find that a typical V8 drag car automatic isn't setup quite the same as what the auto in your GTS25t is, hardly apples for apples. You Best tell the funny car and top fueller guys to get rid of their clutch setups and go torque convertor! Of course you CAN get your Jatco rebuilt to handle some decent power and stall/shift more aggressively so it actually does suit drag racing....

so ur setup only made 20 rwkw on my standard setup lol

I'm not sure what you are getting at or trying to achieve here, if you have something you need help with specify it please. It'll be good to see how you go with the auto - never said it won't go fast, it just could be a challenge unless you have or are going to get it modified to suit what you are doing.

Just for clarifications sake - you made 150rwkw on 7psi with stock turbo and I made 180rwkw on 7psi with stock turbo, and you somehow come with a comment lolling I only made 20rwkw more than your stock turbo? Given I made 30kw @ wheels more than you on the same boost with the same turbo, I am actually struggling to work out what you are going on about.

Edited by Lithium

Ahh right sorry, when I said "I can't run under 12psi with the current setup" I meant with the GT3076R vs the stock turbo - I couldn't run 7psi if I wanted to with the bigger turbo.

Edited by Lithium

how bout 13.061 on stock turbo...stock ecu....only exhuast/fmic/boost......on street tyres as well....2.00 60ft...

Not un-realistic if you get a good run and launch.

It may be a high goal, but im aiming to get as close as possible to a 12.999999 with stock ECU and bolt ons and street tires.

When im convinced i cant do any better only then will i try on some semi slicks.

If you can nearly do it, then so can i :D

yeah....super close to my goal....cant help but be a little disappointed it didnt crack the 12.....but theres no way i could launch any better absolutely no tyre slippage, it just stuck....tyres couldnt hold any of 2nd....chirped 3rds....and the rest is pretty straight forward....

best time on my other r33 was a 13.08 on some pretty used drag slicks....launch was a bit better...1.911 60ft with wheel spin....slipped part of 2nd....chirped third.....trap speed was 4km/h off ^^

but a 12 is possible....bloody difficult....the rest of the runs on that night were around 13.3-13.5....poor launching by comparison...