SAU Community

Turbo In A Non Turbo Engine.. Good Or Not?

Like any other mod, it depends on how much effort you put in to it and what your aim is. If you just stick the turbo on and wind the boost up, something's going to break sooner rather than later.

I know people who have turbocharged NA engines to good effect. The throttle response is a lot crisper than a stock FI engine, and it makes more power and torque than a NA engine.

Of course, there's a limit to the amount of boost that he could run with a NA bottom end but since they weren't chasing big power numbers the thing worked just fine.

When he pulled the engine apart again a few months later, the bottom end showed little wear and tear.

So, what do you want to do? Do you want to make the big numbers that modified RB25DET-from-the-factory people are making? Or do you just want more power than NA without losing your bottom end tractability, but also not sacrificing response?

Like any other mod, it depends on how much effort you put in to it and what your aim is. If you just stick the turbo on and wind the boost up, something's going to break sooner rather than later.

I know people who have turbocharged NA engines to good effect. The throttle response is a lot crisper than a stock FI engine, and it makes more power and torque than a NA engine.

Of course, there's a limit to the amount of boost that he could run with a NA bottom end but since they weren't chasing big power numbers the thing worked just fine.

When he pulled the engine apart again a few months later, the bottom end showed little wear and tear.

So, what do you want to do? Do you want to make the big numbers that modified RB25DET-from-the-factory people are making? Or do you just want more power than NA without losing your bottom end tractability, but also not sacrificing response?

i just want more power than NA without losing bottom end and tractability and also not sacrificing response.

is there a kit for that?

i just want more power than NA without losing bottom end and tractability and also not sacrificing response.

is there a kit for that?

Stock r34 Gt-t or else something small like a HKS gt2510 or gt2530.

But remeber when putting a turbo on an n/a engine you should do the following

1) buy turbo injectors

2) buy some-sort of I/C (can be stock or aftermarket fmic)

3) Turbo Fuel Pump (or aftermarket one)

4) Somesort of ecu (safc2 is fine or pfc is you really want to spend the money)

This 4 mods will help make the na to turbo engine much more safer. i have a friend in perth who turbo his n/a r33 using stock r33 turbo and has made just around 270rwhp (he is running abit of boost, fmic, turbo injectors, safc2, full-exhuast, air filter)

hope that helps :P

Michael :(

p.s i just remember it is also a good idea to upgrade your brakes from n/a to turbo brakes (even if its just the front)

there isnt a kit for every possible thing under the sun.

i suggest you head over to the na sections and do SEARCH for how to turbo NA.

kthnxbai!!!1111oneone