SAU Community

Chiped Stock Computer

flukey

Hey inissane i just sent u a really long PM :unsure:

Just another thought to add to my list... get some carby cleaner and spray it at your AFM because it might be a bit dirty now to the splittering......

See if he has any other chips that you can test it out on your car... if he dosent then come test mine.....

My ecu wasnt used to it and it wouldnt go as hard as it does now for a day or two... but nothing as bad as yours!!

all the soldering is a pain in the ass huh..... :D

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at the end of the day, a remap and a pfc do the same thing...

Nah a remapped stock ECU is better than a PowerFC.

You get to keep knock sensors

You keep all Nissan's hard work for cold start and light throttle cruising

You can still use Consult cables to log and display data.

sorry to cough up all my chip stuff in ur thread flukey but i guess its relevant sort of :O

i got the sh*ts with the chip so i put the stocky back in and its back to normal so i reckon the chip is mega rich on fuel or something dont know if its the same as uve got mr ed32 but i wouldnt expect so cause we have similar mods hey.....a wierd one

sorry to cough up all my chip stuff in ur thread flukey but i guess its relevant sort of :D

i got the sh*ts with the chip so i put the stocky back in and its back to normal so i reckon the chip is mega rich on fuel or something dont know if its the same as uve got mr ed32 but i wouldnt expect so cause we have similar mods hey.....a wierd one

come try my chip if he dosent have another one that u can borrow.... it dosent sound normal thats for sure :<

But I should say, the wrong tune for your car is the wrong tune whether it is on a chip or a PFC.

The difference is a PFC tune is easier to fix.

But places like Hills Motorsport can develop a tune on their emulator then burn the final result to a chip, exactly as you would with a PFC dyno tune

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Ed 32, I'm glad to hear that it went well. For the future, anyone who might be interested in this type of thing shoudl PM me. If people need this sort of stuff for about $50.

Flukey, for the one I have on hand now you will need to wait until I sort inissane out. Sorry man.

Also guys, my favourite piece of kit ever is the old 5-pot SAFC. These cost around $100 and work very well in sorting out day-to-day issues from air temp or running 95 octane vs. 98 etc.Yay Apexi.

Toshi's chips can be tuned in car on the road or dyno so long as he has his laptop & sensors plugged in. If adjustments made with the laptop plugged in offer an improvement he'll make up a chip with those settings at no extra charge over the first chip installed. Costs about $250 for an R32 GTS-t.

you can pick up a PFC for around $1000 on the forum, get that

Silver,

Have you got an power fc now? From memory we have almost the same mods. Did you go from a chip to power fc?

I was advised not to get a power fc because it depends on how good the map is on the chip. Just wondering if this advice is correct.

I know a power fc probably could produce more power through tuning but that extra 5-10rwkw comes with a larger dollar factor as well.

Silver,

Have you got an power fc now? From memory we have almost the same mods. Did you go from a chip to power fc?

I was advised not to get a power fc because it depends on how good the map is on the chip. Just wondering if this advice is correct.

I know a power fc probably could produce more power through tuning but that extra 5-10rwkw comes with a larger dollar factor as well.

hey mate.

i have a chip...

and i dont like it...

im getting a PFC for $1250

a pfc is easier to tune as is done by everyone these days!

a chip has to be done by the same person and has to be remapped each time.

save your money

get a PFC

silv's had issues with his chip.

Also, regarding something that was mentioned earlier. I was under the impression that the Power FC contained the factory cold start maps.....

Hence why it's plug and play. I know with mine there was no cold start tuning involved.

It's not like the microtech's where people are constantly having issues with getting the cold start tuned in correctly.

I would imagine that a PFC would be the best, being very flexible and something that many people are into and know how to tune, however $1,250 is alot of money considering that most people want an intercooler, turbo, susp etc. at the same time. In my mind a chip for <$200 is a good idea for a. an interim measure till you have the cash for a PFC or b. someone who has their car pretty much set up with very few changes to be made.

From a one off tune perspective there would be no difference between a PFC and a tuned chip, just that the PFC facilitates tweaking day-to-day and reduces the cost of having all-out retunes done over and over.

For a budget excercise I would (and have) used a tune chip to get a reasonable base tune removing speed, mass air flow and fuel cust and used a SAFC (old version and would like to get an old SITC) to make on-the-fly adjustments for fuel or weather or what-ever. I would imagine that most people with a PFC don't make that many changes day to day (on in many cases year to year) either.

What are your thoughts? Anyone with a PFC find themselves making myriads of changes?

• 2 weeks later...

cheers armbrusb, just got the new chip in u gave me in, car is hammering now probably a gain of 15rwkw i reckon

gonna get a dyno run done soon to see what its putting out and to see what the a/f ratios are like.......absolutely stoked for 50 bucks :)