SAU Community

Arghhrrrrrrr!!!!!

SkyDragon

As you can tell from my subject I am not Happy!!! :P

Yes this is going to be one of those threads about a certain company who i shall remain nameless due to my respect for these forums.

Basically my line was for sale around a month ago. I had a few interested parties looking at making offers, but none more keen than a local import dealer. I recieved a phone call from the person in question, letting me know he had a client who was looking at purchasing a skyline to the exact same spec as mine. Since this dealer didn't have any stock to the same spec as mine, he was interested in buying my skyline from me, and selling it to his customer. Which to me sounded great, as he told me i would get exactly what i advertised the car for and wouldn't have to worry about trying to sell the car myself.

After discussing that he would need the car for 2 days to check it over and show the client, i agreed. The next morning i delivered the car to his yard where he informed me that the yard would buy the car on consignment, if the client agreed to purchase the car. The following day i called the yard and asked how everything went, he sadi the check was fine and the client was ahppy with the car and wished to purchase. The next step was the organisation of finance, which the car yard was to take care of, i was informed that payment would be made to me in around 5 working days, where the car had to reamin on his premises whilst it was pending sale. 5 days went by, i called the yard, and they told me there had been a hold up with the finance, because of the time of the year (was xmas at the time). Another week passes (where i had called him everyday of that week), still the same excuse. By this tim i had become suspicious, i went to the yard to make sure my baby was ok, which it was (phew!). Another week passes, by this time i was really pissed off, i had been without a car for 3.5 weeks, catching public transport, knowing my car was sitting in someone else's hands - not knowing what they were doing with it, plus they never had the decency to give me a courtesy car for the whole time i was left carless.

I then rang up the dealer and informed him i was coming to pick the car up immediately. After having the car back in my hands for 2 weeks, I have obviously realised he was leading me on the whole time (fair enough i feel like fool! ;) ) But I now have a burnt out clutch (of which i have done 1 burnout). What can i do? I dont have any evidential proof that he had the car (didnt sign any papers), plus i didnt take down the odometer reading b4 i gave him the car??

GRRRR.. i am not happy, I have stopped my self 3 times from marching into his office and breaking his n*&k!!!!!

Let this be a piece of advice to all of you - if you are selling your 'line and a dealer rings you up out of the paper, DO NOT GIVE HIM/HER YOUR CAR UNLESS THEY HAVE A SIGNED CHEQUE WAITING FOR YOU.

ps. if anyone wants to know who this dealer is, pm me. :)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the sympathy guys, i have pm'd most of you the name of this business.

What's really shitting me though, is the fact my car is off the road, obviously due to someone else's abuse, and I have to pay for it!!!! of which i really cant afford at the moment!! :D

this is seeming very tempting right now!

:headshot:

bad luck mate

I think Ministry of Fair Trading would be the first step for sure, they'd at least be able to give you advice on who to see or what to do (if any)

could you PM me the name too?

hope it works out for ya!

I know i probably will not be able to get this b#$^$#d back for what he has done. But the least i can do is tell as many people as i can about this dealer so ;

a) no one else goes through this bullsh*t, and

B) he loses sales for his dodgyness!!!

justice will be served!!

Heheh i still cant stop laughing (not at u but the situation)

I always knew that guy was dodgy but never had any evidence to prove it. saw some dodgy dealings when i was there. U can tell the second u meet him, hes classic dodgy car salesman, greasy hair slicked back thin moustache. Lets hope he gets whats coming to him.......actually it looks like he already has bwahhahaha hes been there for years and years

Originally posted by Boostzor

Heheh i still cant stop laughing (not at u but the situation)

I always knew that guy was dodgy but never had any evidence to prove it. saw some dodgy dealings when i was there. U can tell the second u meet him, hes classic dodgy car salesman, greasy hair slicked back thin moustache. Lets hope he gets whats coming to him.......actually it looks like he already has bwahhahaha hes been there for years and years

yeah i can understand why your laughing he is the classic cliche dodgy car salesman, not only on looks, but the way he talks so sensless and fast paced. I am normally extremely weary of folk i sense dodgyness in, but i was too consumed in wanting to sell my line, and he had to really twist my arm for me to be convinced to leave my car with him. But i became suspicious when the idiot started using the same exuse every time i called him!

Fire his name my way too please.

And as a few people have said try the ministry of fair trading, the worst that will happen is that they cant help, and the best could be very helpful.

yes yes i agree with boostzor very dodgy even though i bought my car through them ages ago but mine was a odd one out

absolutely no probs with it at all anyways

i went back other day and god damn my nose was smelling so much dodgeyness it was getting blocked!

damn! now that is alot of dodge cars!

i bet ya you could smell the dodgeyness from across the road at a unnamed quite popular outlet

adrian

Originally posted by Boostzor

U can tell the second u meet him, hes classic dodgy car salesman, greasy hair slicked back thin moustache.

Ahhh, you don't need to pm his name to me. I know exactly who the ****sucker is from that description. Always thought he was a dodgey fcuk, after he jokingly threatened to let his dogs loose on us while we (aw11, zepsr20 and myself) were looking at cars around closing time.