SAU Community

Remote Central Locking System

markOhR33

Has anyone encounter this before?

The remote central locking system can lock the car while the turbo timer is counting down meaning ( engine still running)

I need to manual lock the car while turbo timer is counting down which is a pain in the ***!!!

Does anyone know how to solve the problem without having to reinstall a new alarm system? Can the wire be rewired somehow??

Called up a few auto technicans... They are saying that it is not a easy job and will cost something like 200 dollar to rewire the system...

Is that true???

I am living in Queensland, brisbane

Hope someone can help me or recommend me someone to do the job in queensland

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hi markOhR33,

it is a fairly straight forward fix, just take it to Chris Rogers and get him to do it.

He knows his stuff.

Having your alarm working is worth the money, after all, it might be the only thing preventing someone stealing your precious ride.

OO_The4door_OO) Posted Yesterday, 09:46 PM

I don't understand the problem?

You can lock the doors with the remote but you have to lock the drivers door with the key??

By the sound of it your turbo timer has an immobiliser bypass while in the cooling down stage. This is a prefered option.

OO_The4door_OO - FYI - this would not be the prefered option and would mean that your car would be very easy to steal, all I would need to do is find the turbo timer, trigger it and bang, there is your ignition, roll start it, the car is gone, you lost your ride.

It is possible to have muliple point immobilisation and a turbo timer and not have your car easy to steal. There is just a lot more wiring and people within the industry tend not to release this type of information. But i will assure you it can be done.

Regards

Pj

Actually frx026, if you have ever done the PIC programming for alarm/immobiliser modules, you'd know what goes on inside.

The simple function of the module is that one can lock the car and walk away while the motor is in the cool down stage. During this stage the alarm is armed. The purpose of that is so you don't have to stand around and wait for the turbo timer to run out, then you lock the car.

Now if some one came along how do they get into your car to "find the turbo timer, trigger it and bang, there is your ignition, roll start it, the car is gone, you lost your ride." if the car is LOCKED and if they actualy manage to open any doors the engine immediatly stops and the immobiliser points kick in???

Trust me markOhR33 manufacturers do this on purpose and why would they keep doing it if it was so easy to steal the car?

I've been installing alarms for years and now program my own alarm systems. My R33 has no more key to get in or start the car, every thing is done by the rolling code remote - remote engine start; unlocking the doors etc. There is no more ignition barrel but a keypad for me to put in a 8 digit code to access car functions and if any unauthourised access to the car happens there is a GSM remote module which calls my mobile to let me know the alarm has gone off. To add to that simple GSM tracking software lets me call the car to find it's location any where in the world down to a 5m radius.

Did that alarm in my spare time.