SAU Community

Over Fueling On Start Up

R31Heaven

I have a problem with my car over fueling on start up, which then starts to foul the plugs until it warms up and then clears itself which can take up to 5 minutes of driving. The motor is an RB20DET Nics with an R33 Turbs with and 100 x 300 x 80 FMIC with 2 1/2" piping. this has only happend since I put the cooler & turbo on. My Auto elec is stumped at what could cause it to over fuel his only theory is at start up there is no Vacuum, so the motor get a gut full of fuel and no air due to the cooler/piping length causing them to foul. Has any one else had this problem and if so how did you fix it. :P

Edited by R31Heaven

is it just at idle its to rich?

does it have a hand controler thingy. or only laptop.

check the coolant temp when dead cold. if anything it needs to be retuned.

is it running a closed loop set-up(o2 sensor) if you swapped the turbo and o2 sensor for a 33 one they are diferant so the readings will be wayout.

you should get it retuned anyway with a new cooler and turbo.

Its is only when I sit and idol and the motor is cold, once it is sitting above 50 degrees its fine, the plugs are nice and clean. If I start it in the morning let it run for say 3 minutes and then turn it off, the plugs will be fouled, with fine black soot. I may try and run hotter plugs and go to a 5.