SAU Community

R32 Is Shuttering All The Time

Hey guys,

My mate has just got his r32 4 door anyways he needed new coilpacks as the original ones were stuffed so he dropped in some new splitfire ones and car is still playing up.

Its not making any mis-fire noises at all so that would say that the fuel pump, coilpacks and sparkplugs should be fine.

But its shuttering the whole time u drive it even when its not under full load...u can feel it like something is holding back....when under full load the car is accelerating so slow....when i put my foot half down on throttle thats as fast as his is on full throttle.

Im thinking it could be the timing....what else could it be?

- Luke

Hey guys,

My mate has just got his r32 4 door anyways he needed new coilpacks as the original ones were stuffed so he dropped in some new splitfire ones and car is still playing up.

Its not making any mis-fire noises at all so that would say that the fuel pump, coilpacks and sparkplugs should be fine.

But its shuttering the whole time u drive it even when its not under full load...u can feel it like something is holding back....when under full load the car is accelerating so slow....when i put my foot half down on throttle thats as fast as his is on full throttle.

Im thinking it could be the timing....what else could it be?

- Luke

Hey Luke,

Try to clean out your air flow meter dats all i can think of without having to go spending big bucks.

Try replacing your throttle position sensor. 110 delivered to Eastern states from Justjap. Sounds like what I had. I had weird shuddering while driving, (at least, that's what I think your describing). I also had slightly unsteady idle. When driving full stick, I couldn't really tell anything, but if I slowly wind out 2nd gear, I can feel it sort of hesitating now and then like it's gotta think about what it's doing. I also replaced the oxygen sensor as a first guess in the hope of fixing it. My mechanic garantees it's stuffed, cos he adjusted it and it idled perfectly for 15 minutes, then he drove it and straight away it was rooted again. He swept everything with an oscilloscope and got no faulty readings, but said when he lightly tapped the TPS with a hammer, it went absolutely berko and misfired as I was experiencing. Give it a go! Can't wait til mine's replaced (day after tomorrow).

i would sugest cleaning the maf and also replacing the engine coolant temp sensor, the ect sensor has a nasty habit of going bad slowly and causing odd problems.....

sensor is fairly cheap (14$usd) so its worth a go.

Its a long shot but worth a try...my old car had the same problem and i spent a fortune trying to rectify the fault...did all the usual stuff like fuel and ignition but to no avail...finally found the problem to be a some frayed wires going into the ecu...have a look...it might just be that...