SAU Community

Workshop Recommendation

Maxx

hi there QLD members,

a friend in Brisbane just bought a skyline, he know NOTHING about car.

The workshop he is going ATM know nothing too but try to rip him off.

so can u guys recommend a few workshop which is trustworthy and won't cost him an arm or a leg? :D

cheers

Maxx

did a serarch but it don't mention about price

Brisbane Turbo and Tuning centre come highly recommended by many people.

Mercury are good and one of the Forum sponsors.

Chapman and Chapman are quite good, they know their stuff.

Milanco are also very good and focus on customer service.

Edited by Maxx

I started going to mercury motorsport they seemed to be pretty good i dobut they rip plp off

contact details are below

1300558650 or 33523363

2/278 Newmarket Rd, Wilston QLD

+1 thats who im currently using. Hence the schtickers on me car haha

www.mercurymotorsport.com.au

providing a great service with good customer support etc to me.

thanks

mick

On the flipside, there are workshops who i would not recommend to people, due to having MANY bad dealings with them, and it seems many other people are having/have had dramas with them...

Funnily enough, one of them has been recommended in this thread 5 times so far, and as far as i am concerned i will never use them again... but its up to you what you value about your car... whether it be good work at a premium price, or good price with slightly substandard work.... The workshop i am referring to charges a premium price for a substandard job... so its up to you really...

On the flipside, there are workshops who i would not recommend to people, due to having MANY bad dealings with them, and it seems many other people are having/have had dramas with them...

Funnily enough, one of them has been recommended in this thread 5 times so far, and as far as i am concerned i will never use them again... but its up to you what you value about your car... whether it be good work at a premium price, or good price with slightly substandard work.... The workshop i am referring to charges a premium price for a substandard job... so its up to you really...

Well i'll just add that i wasn't that impressed with 'that workshop' either. Wouldn't say they were bad just a few issues with delays, and things that they didn't have time to do...even tho i was told it was a '2 day job' so i dropped my car off monday morning, they didn't start it till thursday and hence didn't finish everything i wanted done by friday evening... the workmanship itself seems good, and yeah they did have time to chat to me for a bit about what mods should come next etc...

I'll probably be going back there unless they stuff up my next visit :D