SAU Community

gun metal grey with SDU sticker spotted at barrys dyno tune

adam 32

Yeah, it was me. We saw a mighty fine R32 there but wasn't sure if it was yours or not. Bit hard to remeber what yours looked like since I've only seen it at night... I didn't realize you had that big a rear spoiler.

I was having a s-afc installed and tuned, what kind of work was Barry doing on yours?

mines black with 5 spoke 17s and a big-ish rear wing and angled N1 exhaust

barry was checking my AFM after perth auto parts had installed a new engine.....

i didnt even know that guy existed (barry) is he good at tuning etc? he seemed to have some nice cars there

Barry does a lot of work on import cars for dealers around Perth. He really knows his stuff (about Nissans at least) and has a lot of diagnostic equipment for OE sensors. Does excellent tuning work and at a very reasonable rate.

Walked in with 209rwhp and left with 253rwhp (and no mid range flat spot!) after install of 1st generation s-afc. I'm fairly happy :P

Running around 10psi boost, measured at plenum. Stock intercooler, so the turbo is putting out a lot more boost just to get over the backpressure caused by the (crap) factory cooler.

Blue screen s-afcs cane be picked up for $450 2nd hand or not much more new if you buy direct from japan (nengun or taka, ~$550?). I'm using a 5 knob s-afc which does the same job (5 load points instead of 8), without the fancy display and a much lower price tag. And to everyone with the blue screen model, I do like the fancy display, its just that I like a lower price better. :P

Took it for a test drive today and the extra 40hp certainly is nice. Very nice indeed :-)

If you're thinking of fuel control, I'd strongly reconmend you visit lumpy. Remapping the r32 ecu has much better potential than a s-afc. Hows the replacement engine looking?

yeh its just a remap is pretty expensive and not a thing i wonah do too often....

i will get boost up to 12psi or something then see cos im running the stock injectors at the moment so wonah play it safe with A/F ratios

my pocket isnt deep enough to fund a new fuel system yet so will have to keep boost under control for now. im also considering selling the car cos its gettin a bit expensive but havent decided yet. although i know after driving it for a week or so ill wonah keep it again, such a cool car to drive!!!:P pity the repair bills are so high

Address for Nenguns website is http://www.nengun.siteblast.com/

If you happen to be using Opera under Linux, the front page will give you no end of trouble (nice design Nengun, not!), use this address instead http://www.nengun.siteblast.com/courses.as...id=57739&page=1

I haven't bought from either taka or nengun. I've tried to contact nengun many times but have never recieved a reply (email or sdu pm). A lot of ppl have used taka, they seem reliable enuf. Skyzers bought his s-afc from taka, have anything to add Skyzer?

• 4 weeks later...

Heya Skylar,

Well i have to say that it is really good to see that you are posting here and looking after your business. A lot of suppliers and group buys that have gone on in SDU when faced with a problem don't bother writing stuff and just ignore the whole situation! but it really is good to see that you are actually taking an interest in clients! not much of that around these days.

In regards to someone taking your name, well i am pretty sure that hasn't happened..... you see when this forum was created all our details were swapped accross so it is actually still you. However i went to log on as me and the password didn't work so i pressed the reset password button then my new password was e-mailed to me and then entered it in then changed it back to my old password once looged in. Give it a go and that will work... well it did for me:D

Gradenko i hope you have now been able to get in contact with Nengun now (skylar).:D

boo5t - I have ordered the SAFC from TakaKaira before $550 delivered to me door, they were quote good however when i faxed through my credit card details they wrote me an e-mail saying that they never received my last 2 credit card numbers so i had to refax and they never sent me an e-mail to see that eveeything was ok this time. I e-mailed them 3 times but no reply. Then magically 2 weeks later (3 weeks in total) all nicely delivered at my door YAY!! so they were very good but a bit timely, maybe give Nengun ago?

SORRY ABOUT THE LONG POST!

Originally posted by 25GTT

Heya Skylar,

Well i have to say that it is really good to see that you are posting here and looking after your business. A lot of suppliers and group buys that have gone on in SDU when faced with a problem don't bother writing stuff and just ignore the whole situation! but it really is good to see that you are actually taking an interest in clients! not much of that around these days.  

In regards to someone taking your name, well i am pretty sure that hasn't happened..... you see when this forum was created all our details were swapped accross so it is actually still you. However i went to log on as me and the password didn't work so i pressed the reset password button then my new password was e-mailed to me and then entered it in then changed it back to my old password once looged in. Give it a go and that will work... well it did for me:D  

Gradenko i hope you have now been able to get in contact with Nengun now (skylar).:D  

boo5t - I have ordered the SAFC from TakaKaira before $550 delivered to me door, they were quote good however when i faxed through my credit card details they wrote me an e-mail saying that they never received my last 2 credit card numbers so i had to refax and they never sent me an e-mail to see that eveeything was ok this time. I e-mailed them 3 times but no reply. Then magically 2 weeks later (3 weeks in total) all nicely delivered at my door YAY!! so they were very good but a bit timely, maybe give Nengun ago?

SORRY ABOUT THE LONG POST!

Captain legend that`s who you are. I just got my new pin number. It is really strange because I contacted contact and the reply I received was "Your name has been taken find another name". But hey! Thanks very much

Regards

nengun

Nengun, its good to see you active in the forums. I was genuinley interested in doing buisness with you, so its too bad that email problems got in the way. Already found what I was looking for (as the start of the thread mentions), so maybe next time.

Noticed that a few other people have had difficulty in emailing you, and I myself sent off 2-3 with no replies. Perhaps it would be a good idea to find a more stable email provider?

And optional text menus on the web site would be greatly appreciated. Navigation is a nightmare in anything but IE.

Originally posted by nengun

Captain legend that`s who you are. I just got my new pin number. It is really strange because I contacted contact and the reply I received was "Your name has been taken find another name". But hey! Thanks very much

Regards

nengun

Hmm seems like there might be a bit of name stealing goin on out there, well we now know you are the real one as the password went to your address! Just keep me in mind if i ever need to buy a nice set of Trust T88 turbos for my little sisters tricycle!! hahahaha!

Good luck and keep going with those awesome prices! :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

hey dan did you sell your plates ?

i think i saw a commodore with your IMACUL8 plates on it the other day

or at least something very very similar :confused: