SAU Community

Lowlife cruisers!!

FINER6

[rant on]

I spent my life growing up on a farm in a small town called Narbethong. Most cruisers have been through Narbethong as it’s on the other end of a fantastic twisty piece of road known as the Black Spur. As you can imagine I have driven through the Black Spur thousands of times and still to this day I enjoy it as much as the first time.

I have a place in my heart for the residents of Narbethong having known them for most of my life. It pained me today when the local shop owner rang me to ask what to do as he was at his wits end. His driveway and lawn had been ripped up for the third time since November and him and his wife were threatened on the last occasion.

I am talking about organized cruisers! On the weekend these lowlifes had blocked the city entrance to the black spur and ran time trials from 2am onwards in modified Japanese and muscle cars. Now apart from being highly illegal and stupid these idiots had the brains to upset the locals and in the process drawing even more attention they knocked of the fire hazard sign and were noted as drink driving.

The repercussions of last weekend will affect us all. The accomplishments of this group have pissed the police off so much they have reacted with immediacy unprecedented in my eyes. The Black spur is now being included in two patrolled night runs from the local police of Healsville and Alexandra as an immediate precaution. Officers have been worded up to go to town on suspected drag racers, and the locals have all been advised to take rego numbers of cars seen cruising in suspicious groups through the area. Fortunately for us the idiots that were causing the problems last weekend have had their rego plates taken and they will be contacted.

The icing on the cake was the fire hazard sign, believe it or not. It’s one of the types that warn locals of how extreme the danger was each day. Apparently these signs cost around $500 and will not be replaced for some time because the small town of Narbethong doesn’t have the immediate funds available. Just Sad.

Now I don’t have a problem with cruises normally but these idiots will fast destroy our already shrinking freedom on the roads. That really pisses me off, especially when some of the larger groups work so hard to try and remove the hoon association with all of us in our performance cars and it is all undone in one night of utter stupidity! No wonder police act on the verge of oppressive most of the time, it’s because of dickheads like this.

[/rant off]

FINER9

i'm sorry mate

hoons like these people you describe don't deserve imports

really these kind of things should be done on a drag strip or skid pan not on public roads as it can end in tragedy or harm private property.

this is the thing that pisses me off about ppl with hi-po cars and no respect for them. These ppl have no respect for the cars they have nor the other ppl around them or on the rd and are the ones that are making increasingly hard for ppl like us who enjoy these cars far beyond just driving them because we can and give US a bad name.

im sure all the regulars to this forum feel the same way about it. I'm sorry to hear what has happend and i really hope these ppl get reemed and made to pay more than the $500 to get not only another sign but money to resoe the lawn.

I'm with Inark - That sort of thing just makes it bad for everybody, and encourages Police to keep up their attitudes that anybody with an import is trouble. We don't want Melbourne turning into Sydney and all the problems they have with massive crackdowns and things like that.

Personally I have no problems with people dragging or doing racing runs late at night in empty areas. If a person wants to take the risk of death/serious accident involved with that than that is up to them. However, when that starts affecting other's property and brings to it associated vandalism and other crime its out of control. When it turns to residential areas, it puts other people's lives at risk other than their own, and thats when by all rights it should be cracked down.

No doubt they'll just move somewhere else, until at some point they are truly busted big time and deservedly. Or maybe not.

I am sorry to hear about what happened too your friends and am very pissed off that this is going to have a huge impact on all of us and make it even more difficult to find a decent piece of road to drive our cars on. it is hard enough to find a decent road without these dickheads bringing attention too it. I too have driven this road many hundreds of times and it is one of the great pieces left available.

These dickheads will probably have no idea what an impact this will have. As usual a fe small minded people will make it so that the rest of us will be penalised for this.

Mick.