SAU Community

Police Powers And Your Rights

I'm as sure as I can be of the day, I was a little shaken as it's honestly the first bad experience I've had being pulled over, but I pulled over soon after to remember as best I could and document the event. I would be far more specific in court, but i figured readers on here don't need to hear my detailed, obviously one sided arguments.

If there was ever a time to record a conversation, that was it.

I know that there would be very few police that would abuse their powers, intentionally anyways, but rb25 what would you do if you felt you were unfairly punished on the road? Or is there little to no tolerance for police off duty?

If it was alleged that I did something to which I know 100% I didn't do. Then I'd be fighting it. You can request to see the ICV (in car video); not immediately, but the next day or some days later back at the station. This saves you going to court. This of course only helps if the offence is caught on camera, which is not always the case.

Before I joined the cops I always thought it would be futile fighting fines in court as the judge would always believe the police. The best way to get a grasp of all of this is to go to court one day and just sit in and watch the cases. Opened my eyes a lot... it's a local court so anyone can just go in and sit there.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was alleged that I did something to which I know 100% I didn't do. Then I'd be fighting it. You can request to see the ICV (in car video); not immediately, but the next day or some days later back at the station. This saves you going to court. This of course only helps if the offence is caught on camera, which is not always the case.

Before I joined the cops I always thought it would be futile fighting fines in court as the judge would always believe the police. The best way to get a grasp of all of this is to go to court one day and just sit in and watch the cases. Opened my eyes a lot... it's a local court so anyone can just go in and sit there.

So how much do they pay you to trawl this forum?:whistling:

To be fair ^ ^ ^, I believe John is quite constructive.

He isn't the only copper on SAU. There are a few who are open about it.

And so long as they have a "We..." attitude, rather than a "Them Vs Us" attitude, it's good to converse with together.

BTW, this attitude ^ ^ ^ goes for us too.

To be fair ^ ^ ^, I believe John is quite constructive.

He isn't the only copper on SAU. There are a few who are open about it.

And so long as they have a "We..." attitude, rather than a "Them Vs Us" attitude, it's good to converse with together.

BTW, this attitude ^ ^ ^ goes for us too.

Terry, i was not serious about my question. I was joking, it's called humor.:thumbsup:

This statement just shows how little you actually know about the system.

I'd say that it was a comment made by someone who hasn't NEEDED a lawyer to represent them in court. The value of lawyers is only going to be known to people who have required legal representation.

good information in this topic i would just like to add my 2cents. i have found if you treat a cop like a persion and not a 4 letter word for male genatela. then he/she will treat you in the same lite give and take if you will. wont always be the case but hey better to be the biger man and stay calm cool and collected.