SAU Community

Warning: Police Are Out In Force

Mr-Toy33

Between the time of 8:15am this morning through to 8:40am while taking my sister to work from Coorparoo to Woolloongabba. I happen to see 2x white skylines (different people) get pulled over by the police.

For what reasons, that I'm not sure.

However, it does look as though the police are cracking down this week probably due to the stupid people who have been out there speeding and the amount of drink drivers we have on the roads right now.

But it does give me some idea that they are cracking down on skyline owners after seeing 2 of them pulled over by the police within a small time frame.

This thread is just to let everyone know and to be alert that they seem to be out in force and possibly targeting skyline owners and/or any import type car.

Na this is the worst they have ever been. Went to Bris Yesterday from the SunnyCoast and between burpengary and the turn off to the Airport I saw 8 high patrol cars with radars another 3 candy cars which had caught a car of their own. I then saw 2 4wd radars along that connection road from the bruce highway to the airport. I was nuts

Watching the news last nite, its all got to do with qld's bad road toll this year, beattie even had to do some press conference, maybe the've got more cops off holidays so i'm guessing this order has come from the top to crack down on speeding / dangerous driving / drunk driving- guess who fits all those demographics - young male drivers who own imports :starwars:

Although i was out driving yesterday and didn't see one....

Na this is the worst they have ever been.  Went to Bris Yesterday from the SunnyCoast and between burpengary and the turn off to the Airport I saw 8 high patrol cars with radars another 3 candy cars which had caught a car of their own.  I then saw 2 4wd radars along that connection road from the bruce highway to the airport.  I was nuts

Pretty typical for that stretch of highway though........

But still I think the police will be out in force just because there is more traffic on the roads, meaning that more quota's will need to be filled, meaning that the easiest targets will be hit hard, namely imports.

Be carefull driving and dont do anything that they can easily ping you for, like driving done the road in an import car......... :starwars:

Pretty typical for that stretch of highway though........

But still I think the police will be out in force just because there is more traffic on the roads, meaning that more quota's will need to be filled, meaning that the easiest targets will be hit hard, namely imports.

Be carefull driving and dont do anything that they can easily ping you for, like driving done the road in an import car......... :)

so are you suggesting that we all buy a volvo look a like..... :):starwars: :lol:

so are you suggesting that we all buy a volvo look a like..... :D  :)  :lol:

best to get a 80's landcruiser, covered in rust, primer, belching smoke, brandishing a rusty bullbar with rod holders and a couple of busted spotties on it, oh and make sure you're shambling home drunk from the pub... these guys are apparently invisible to the cops..... saw it happen all the time up north qld way.. :D:(

Yer i was hit by a white 'D' car on boxing day, on ipswich rd moorooka, i had cars driving past me doing about 80 but he still pulls me over and slaps me a fine for 78 in a 60 zone. tell me can they fine u buy guessing the speed? he didnt have a speed gun or anything. he said he was following me and matched my speed with his.

yer thats what i thought, he was also by himself. does that matter? i had a mate in a hilux actually go past me, he said he was doing 90 when i got pulled over.. so u think its worth fighting?

some cop cars have fixed speed guns in them. im just telling u this so u can maybe ask to see the evidence of your speed as the officer didnt produce anywhen u were stopped. bcoz he mite not have shown u, but had a reading in his car with proof. so just see what u can find out about the fine before u go to the extreme's.

yer thats true, i asked him to show me where he got that speed from he said he used his speedo to get the speed of what i was doing, which i think it total bullshit. specally when there were cars passin me. so are u saying its not worth fighting? how would i find out if he had an 'onboard' speed gun?

my bro in law got pinged by a single cop following him and "matching" his speed to him

funny thing was it was on montague road at west end between vulture st and beesley (like 150 meters) and then down beesley (probably 200 meters)

bro in law saw the cop so wasnt speeding, but the cop came roaring up after him

caught up to him at work and gave him a ticket for 78 in a 60

i cant possibly see how the cop would have had time to match speeds with him, considering the short distances and the distance off the cop was, so hes taking him to court

will be interesting to see what happens . . . . . (court case early jan)

ahahahahahahaha, It's christmas. Deal with it. There are always heaps of cops out this time of year. how hard is it to keep it in your pants for the christmas period? It can't be that hard.

Qld is still the most hoon friendly state in the entire country. Please just behave for the silly season and quit your whining about how the cops are just jealous of your stock r32 gtst.

ahahahahahahaha,  It's christmas.  Deal with it. There are always heaps of cops out this time of year.  how hard is it to keep it in your pants for the christmas period? It can't be that hard. 

Qld is still the most hoon friendly state in the entire country.  Please just behave for the silly season and quit your whining about how the cops are just jealous of your stock r32 gtst.

do you no understand what we are saying? he is pulling this speed out of no where... and for cars to be passin me at the time.. its f%&$ed why should we have to deal with it?

do you no understand what we are saying? he is pulling this speed out of no where... and for cars to be passin me at the time.. its f%&$ed why should we have to deal with it?

hey, that's super. Take it to court, beat the fine, then come back and tell us all about how you stuck it to the man.

While you're at it stop clinging to the archaic notion of justice.

There is no such thing.

yer thats true, i asked him to show me where he got that speed from he said he used his speedo to get the speed of what i was doing, which i think it total bullshit. specally when there were cars passin me. so are u saying its not worth fighting?  how would i find out if he had an 'onboard' speed gun?

what im saying is find out by ringing up the cops row ho ever u can and see what vehicle he was driving on the day and see if it was fitted with a speed device, maybe also see if they have a recording of the officer that pulled up over (sometimes they have tape recorders in there pockets) try and get all the info u can think of to fight it to make your case stronger, just so if or when i goes to court, u are not wasting your time and money.