SAU Community

S2 Standard Climate Control

BigDirtyJase

Sorry, wasn't able to answer this question, but did they fit?

I have just found some info' on globes for the (standard) climate control:

This was from this thread under the DIY sticky:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...t&p=3333939

Nah they don't fit, the LED's don't fit through the hole - Oh well at least I can change my dash lights down the road.

Well I was looking at Jaycar and saw those grain of wheat lights and saw two different ones

post-34764-1207576165_thumb.jpg

This one the dimensions - Globe size - 4mm dia x 10mm PVC lead length - 150mm Current - 0.1A 12V (Yellow light)

the other is this one

post-34764-1207576178_thumb.jpg

This one the dimensions - Globe size - 3mm dia x 7mm PVC lead length - 100mm Current - 0.1A 12V (Yellow light)

Now I don't know which one to get? what do you guys think??

From memory new ones from Nissan are about $3 each.

I recommend changing all of them at the same time - else you'll have slightly dull areas where the old blue covers have faded.

Edited by BensDR30

can you remember the part number for it Ben (if there is one)

Ok, so my prices were a bit off...

(Note that theses prices might be trade, and were from Nov. 2004)

27545-8E500 $11.00 ea

27545-0N002 $11.50 ea

I bought 2 of the 1st & 4 of the second. That should be enough info to work out which size is which.

Edited by BensDR30

Cool thanks...I'll keep that those part numbers in mind

I got the globes from jaycar - thought they were just a solid wire when you strip the insulation off but its those thin multi wires (don't know the proper name). trimed them and put then in the holder (after cutting and fitting the plastic bit where the bottom of the globe/wires are) put the blue covers on and now i can't finally see my climate control at night

Cool thanks...I'll keep that those part numbers in mind

I got the globes from jaycar - thought they were just a solid wire when you strip the insulation off but its those thin multi wires (don't know the proper name). trimed them and put then in the holder (after cutting and fitting the plastic bit where the bottom of the globe/wires are) put the blue covers on and now i can't finally see my climate control at night

Good news! well done

• 2 months later...

i went to autobarn and picked myself up some of there small wedge type LED's bent the wires out of the blue plastic "wedges" and pulled them out, put them back into the climate control globe holders and done,,, blue backlight for the LCD and also for the buttons. all up cost me 10 bux :D

post-36893-1215782995_thumb.jpg

post-36893-1215783039_thumb.jpg

i went to autobarn and picked myself up some of there small wedge type LED's bent the wires out of the blue plastic "wedges" and pulled them out, put them back into the climate control globe holders and done,,, blue backlight for the LCD and also for the buttons. all up cost me 10 bux :)

awesome stuff, thanks for the info!

i went to autobarn and picked myself up some of there small wedge type LED's bent the wires out of the blue plastic "wedges" and pulled them out, put them back into the climate control globe holders and done,,, blue backlight for the LCD and also for the buttons. all up cost me 10 bux :D

I bought the same type of led's from Autobarn, I'll give it a go after work tomorrow with my A/C. Cheers for the tip!!

• 7 months later...

i went into autobarn, supercheap, repco, jaycar and dicksmith today and none had anything like you were talking about... they had the t5 lights in a holder but they had like built in resisters which made it much larger and unable to mount in the original holder.. can you post some pics of the ones you got or can anyone tell me where to get the "wheat" style globes??

Thanks

curt

ok after that i think i have find what we are looking for its as posted in post #14, here is the website - http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefro...n/product/P8140

they are 12v, 5mm wide and with pigtails to wrap around the original holders.. i'm going to the shop tomorrow and i'll let you know how i go and post some pics..

and the best thing, there only $1.28 ea

Thanks

curt

are you replacing the globes in the middle section of your climate control or the lights that light up the controls. because the control lights are very small and I don't know if the lights you are getting from DSE will fit in there. They will fit in the centre light holders (the climate control display). just get some coloured condoms to go over them if you want to keep that silvery type colour...or else they go orange

I'm just pissed off now that 3 out of the 4 control lights are blown...and now i've got to replace them...and i've lost the blue covers from them aswell

well... the lights fit but.. with the 4 back ones i had to take apart the unit and there are 3 screws inside on the front board, undo them slighty and install those and do it up until its tight but not too tight. reassemble and should be all ok.. just make sure the wires make contact with the board.. also with these bulbs they are only orange in colour unless you kept the coloured condom things.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Guys,

I need to know where I can get replacement globes for my climate control...it still works but the backlight has gone. Also how do i go about changing the lights in the climate control

Same problem here mate, my system works but the display has shit itself, im currently checking out scrap yards and people that are wrecking skylines. r32 + r33 ACU's are pretty generic.

Good luck

• 7 months later...

All the bulbs for my Climate Control are burned out.

I was going to put blue LED's in my Climate Control and Dash today (nothing wrong with dash) but ran into a few issues.

First the LED's I bought for the Climate Control were supposed to come with resistors, I was going to find the power wire for the bulbs and hardwire resistors before the plug, but when the LED's arrived there were no resistors dodgy EBAY was an Aussie company as-well =(.

Tried wiring one up without a resistor but it burned out instantly.

The LED's I got for the Dash cluster have the resistors built in - sweet, but my dash apparently has that filter stuff that blocks out blue =( so I had to put the standard bulbs back in as almost no light penetrated the filter.

I gently removed the LED's for the Dash from their holders and fed the legs through the holders for the Climate Control bulbs, I had to squish them a bit to get everything in and then squish the led's closer together (they are the multi direction type with 3LED's) to fit them through the mount holes. Works great I was really surprised.

I noticed some people were missing the blue condoms from the standard bulbs that make the light white, I have a full set of these left over now so if anyone wants them just let me know ill bang em in the mail. It'd be a shame to throw em out if someone could use em.

I noticed some people were missing the blue condoms from the standard bulbs that make the light white, I have a full set of these left over now so if anyone wants them just let me know ill bang em in the mail. It'd be a shame to throw em out if someone could use em.

i messed up a couple of mine yesterday

i'll take them if they're on offer :D

PM me details please

:down:

• 2 weeks later...

PM sent Oppression :)

all the DSE's around me don't have the wheat globes in stock

Repco reckons they can't get the globes

Supercheap were no help

i bought some of these ( http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?I...mp;form=KEYWORD ) from Jaycar and am going to try and make them fit

anyone found a reliable source for these globes yet?

Edited by Stooge007

• 2 months later...

one side of my climate control globes have decided to blow :cool:

maybe i'll get someone else to fix it when i get my amp+sub installed! :)

Edited by atomaly