SAU Community

R32 Gtr Nismo

• 3 years later...

well make that 3 i own a nismo as well currently undergoing a full rebuild due to previous owner not knowing what they were doing
and really dodgy work on the mechanical side
will post pics up once i get it back from paint and motor is finnished

Did nismos not come with the nismo Le Mans turbos? Which are larger than standard r32 turbos and smaller than N1 turbos?

FYI, R32 n1s didn't come with full N1 engines like most people think. Without stripping mine down I can't tell you exactly what they have and don't have piece by piece. But they certainly don't have a 24u N1 block. They do have large and very laggy turbos, and run a standard 0.8bar boost from the factory. However they are designed to run with an after market computer and run much higher boost in group N racing.

Super interesting that someone has painted a limited edition nismo r32 white! Must basically look like an N1 now.

Regarding R32 N1, the 024U block only came out in the R33, my knowledge is the r33 motor had some lightening done to the block and the N1 was how they were designed in the first place. My parts guy couldn't find a difference in engine blocks from R32 standard to N1, with multiple examples of n1s, vspecs and vspec n1 placed into fast. But there are different part numbers for turbos, pistons, water and oil pumps. Im pretty sure the Nismos had the same turbos as N1s, may need to annoy the parts guy again for part number proof!

Wow Blur if i give you my chassis number, are you able to tell me the specifics of my internals and if they differ from standard R32 GTRs? If so that would be amazing!!

Hey Guys,

Im new to the forum. This is my new V Spec II N1.

• V-Spec II N1 - build date 07/94
  • 'Chassis No' : BNR32-311048
  • 'Model': KBNR32RBFS8 ZN

http://s1316.photobucket.com/user/GTR_N1/library/R32%20V%20Spec%20II%20N1%20Japan%20Pics?sort=2&page=1

Probably could, need to get onto my Nissan dealer with you numbers to confirm. Id be 100%sure you would have the same componentry as all N1s would, plus all the v spec extras.

If you could, that would be awesome. TO be honest, i have no faith in anything that i have ever read online re what R32 N1s actually came with over and above a stock GTR. There are so many keyboard cowboys that shoot their mouth off all over the place about the specs of R32 N1s, its really hard to tell the real, from the rubbish. So i would be absolutely stoked if i could get something concrete from Nissan re my individual chassis number, that would be amazing.

• 1 month later...

Hey, cool to see another NISMO still getting the love!

I am just getting back to mine and started reading the boards to see what had been going on since I've been out of the Sky-life for a while. Anyway, I have #129, here was the page I had started on it: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/413843-r32-nismo-129/?gopid=6629091#entry6629091

I just brought it to the US, and am having it getting looked at by Kaizen tuning. I'll post some more pictures when I've cleaned it up a bit. It's really just sat for about a year while I was at school.

The story on mine is a bit different though. It was pretty beat up when I got it. People probably just kept buying it with high hopes and running out of money. (hoping I don't succumb to the same fate)

Anyway, it did have the n1 turbos in there already as yours seems to and others have said. Looked like a factory install. The motor was replaced with an N1-Nur though. Sad it wasn't the original, but of course an N1-Nur spec is a pretty nice motor to have too. It was just rebuilt a little over a year ago while I was still on Okinawa.

Oh, and mine got painted white too. Yeah, great color!

I posted this in the Rare skylines thread as well. But thought it was fitting to post it here too for those that are interested.

Edited by R32N1

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump an old thread and/or sounds like I'm repeating whats said previously. I live in Hong Kong and is currently looking at a R32 Nismo (or so the seller claims). I have been doing a lot of research and reading from quite a few forums regarding the differences between the standard R32 and R32 Nismo.

Now a little recap from the info I have gathered regarding the R32 vs R32 Nismo

1. special VIN - BNR32-100001 to BNR32-100560

2. same engine block (05U)

3. different turbo (steel turbine, 14411-06U00, 'N1 turbo')

4. No ABS

5. Body

-front lip spoiler

-rear deck spoiler

-rear flared arches

-2 air ducts on front bumper

-lack of a net in front of the intercooler

-Nismo stick on the boot)

-rear wiper delete

However, there are a few questions that are still unanswered after my research:

1. Is the interior of the Nismo the same as the standard R32, specifically:

-Nismo gauges in the center console?

-Nismo steering wheel(if so, what does it look like)?

-Nismo instrument cluster (260 or 320km/h speedo)?

-Nismo shift knob?

2. Do the Nismo and standard version both share the same brakes/suspension?

3. Any other differences that I have not mentioned?

I have not been able to find a brochure for the Nismo edition. I looked up pictures of the Nismo, but I don't think I was able to find one showing the stock Nismo interior.

Thanks!

Sorry to bump an old thread and/or sounds like I'm repeating whats said previously. I live in Hong Kong and is currently looking at a R32 Nismo (or so the seller claims). I have been doing a lot of research and reading from quite a few forums regarding the differences between the standard R32 and R32 Nismo.

Now a little recap from the info I have gathered regarding the R32 vs R32 Nismo

1. special VIN - BNR32-100001 to BNR32-100560

2. same engine block (05U)

3. different turbo (steel turbine, 14411-06U00, 'N1 turbo')

4. No ABS

5. Body

-front lip spoiler

-rear deck spoiler

-rear flared arches

-2 air ducts on front bumper

-lack of a net in front of the intercooler

-Nismo stick on the boot)

-rear wiper delete

However, there are a few questions that are still unanswered after my research:

1. Is the interior of the Nismo the same as the standard R32, specifically:

-Nismo gauges in the center console?

-Nismo steering wheel(if so, what does it look like)?

-Nismo instrument cluster (260 or 320km/h speedo)?

-Nismo shift knob?

2. Do the Nismo and standard version both share the same brakes/suspension?

3. Any other differences that I have not mentioned?

I have not been able to find a brochure for the Nismo edition. I looked up pictures of the Nismo, but I don't think I was able to find one showing the stock Nismo interior.

Thanks!

Hi, I own a Nismo so I've extensively researched the differences. I made a guide about the rare R32s on my blog but to answer your questions:

1. The interior on the Nismo is the same as a stock 1990 R32 but with one minor difference - the radio buttons are blanked off on the instrument binnacle. If you go to my blog post on the link below I have a picture of that. I've personally closely inspected three other Nismos besides mine so it wasn't just my car. Sadly the Nismo gauges and steering wheel aren't included from the factory - I had to source the ones I'm putting in mine separately.

2. Brakes and suspension are same except for the lack of ABS. Again my blog shows pictures of the difference from the missing ABS module. It's a good way to tell a Nismo from a clone.

3. You mentioned all the changes except for the interior one I described but just to clarify on the body kit - I'm not sure what you meant by "flared wheel arches" but on the Nismo the side skirts had an extended rear portion but no changes to the wheel arch itself. Oh, and don't forget the Nismos had a little Nismo sticker on the trunk lid but a lot of cars have had that crack and peel by now.

Here's the link to my guide:

http://23gt.blogspot.com/2015/06/rare-air-guide-to-limited-edition-r32.html

• Like 1

• 1 month later...