SAU Community

Intercooler Piping With Greddy Forward Facing Intake Plenum - No Holes

perzn_34

Hey guys I've got a r34 gtt with a greddy forward facing plenum, I'm installing a front mount intercooler, the core and hot side pipings are done.

For the cold side piping, is there any ways or ideas to run the piping without cutting any bits off the chassis? because of being a forward facing plenum like the gtr i can't run a return flow.

Anyone done this before or has an idea how to get around it? i really don't want to cut the chassis as thats where the problems start as I'm in vic and rules are anall.. also spoke to an engineer today and said cars with airbag cant be engineered with chassis mods.

Any help will be appreciated. THANKS

Should've spoken to the engineer first. There is no way around it, this is why there are 'return flow' kits made, so there is no cutting.

Plus as you've already been told - the motor you are putting in is NOT legal anyway.

So you've already got serious problems and that is BEFORE you add your non factory intake which counts as an intake modification. Which then leads to the next issue... You are not using a factory intercooler.

So not only do you have problems with engineers... You've still got EPA problems. What you're doing really hasn't been well thought out, actually, it's as if there's been no thought at all.