SAU Community

Super AFC-II tuning S2 RSFourS

ls_stag

Hey all,

With a couple mods on my Stag, I'm thinking I could be doing better fuel economy/power if I did some fuel tuning. Originally I was thinking a Nistune, but looking into it, I think this is probably a little premature. Honestly, not going to upgrade much more mechanically for a while - current have a catback, K&N drop in air filter, BOV, EBC. it's gonna be a while before I look at FMIC/turbo/injectors/fuel pump. That lot would need a Nistune, in my opinion, but for now I'd like to run a good clean setup at around 10/12psi.

Have done some searching and reading and it seems like some folks are using SAFC for fuel maps. But I'm wondering how people actually tune their maps? Doing it DIY on the road? On a dyno? Using a datalogger? Laptop connection? Really interested, as I can see units on ebay for under $250 but keen to know what the best course would be for tuning it. I've read about folks pulling up to -35% off the top end of the map but I'd be concerned to hit a knock at that level, without seeing an AFR data log.

Cheers

I've had a safc neo, it was ok and made about a 1-2second difference to my 0-100 time. 

A safc doesn't compare to an actual tune. An actual tune is a lot safer, while the driveability, fuel savings and power are far beyond what a safc can do.

Post a pic of your car mate! Nice to see another stagea owner around :cheers: 

Because I had an auto I had an SAFC in my S1. But I also had an SITC (for timing) a Jaycar boost controller and an HKS speed control defeater so that I could exceed (on the track) the 180km speed limit of the stock ecu. Obviously this all cost more than a Nistune but that was not an option for the S1. I also paid for a tune which you need in any case.

If you have a S2 Neo engine getting a Nistune is a no-brainer. It will do much more  than a SAFC for not much more money and the SITC is getting really hard to find. You should be prepared to pay for a tune in any case so the Nistune is incomparably better.

• Like 1