SAU Community

Front Facing Plenum *mod*

Guilt-Toy

Im getting myGT3540 installed and we decided to change the whole cooler setup and install a 300x600x100 and we have modded the plenum to have the throttle body facing foward.

I have heard on many occations that this can cause number 1 to run differently to other cyl and cause detonation and break engines.

Anyone have any information about this ?

I am looking at making 300rkw +

i doubt it will matter. especially since i have heard people say number 6 will lean off?? which one is it!! i really think that it won't matter at all. you will probably benefit from the shorter inlet tract! if you have gotten to this stage of mods i would say you would have aftermarket ecu and also a good dyno session after a mod like that so knock values can be evaluated. But like i said it won't matter!

i have a custom plenum on my RB20. im just going to make sure that its not running on the edge of lean, when the new engine gets tuned i will be measuring the temperature of each exhause runner to see what ones are hotter than the other ones. the hotter each ones is the leaner that cylinder will be, so tune for a bit more fuel in that cylinder.

post-12049-1136080483.jpg

Edited by boostn32

anymore input ?? anyone have this mod done on a high hp application ?

mods are

RB30DET - stock int

china ex manifold top mount cleaned up

gt3540 .7 and .82

38mm tial gate

nizmo 740cc inj

walbro pump

300x600x100 cooler

modded front facing plenum

apexi pfc

q45 AFM

3" zorst

few bits n pieces ive missed out but thats about it. should be all back together soon.. just wondering about the plenum mod...

Edited by Guilt-Toy