SAU Community

This Thursday Night Cruise

Mr-Toy33

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

UPDATE!!!!

Ok..... with the voting showing that Southside if the preference to, tonight's meet & cruise. This is what the plan will be -

Meet: Car Park along Miles Platting Road at Eight Mile Plains across from the Bus Station.

Time: 8PM.

Leave: Approximately 8:30PM.

Destionation: Yatala BP.

Those that do not know where exactly this is, I've posted a link to a Google Map Image below which may give you some understanding as to where exactly this car park is. The image however, is a bit old which does not show the carpark itself, but does show the dirt area where they are in construction of making the carpark.

Meet is at 8PM. Will be leaving sometime around 8:30PM.

I'll have the UHF on and will be on channel 16 if anyone is driving around the area and they get lost, they can call for help on the UHF.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Br...94,0.010729&t=k

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I think its been a while since we last had a skyline cruise / gathering (yes, last one being the Massive Skyline Cruise & before that, the one that was last organised at Toombul Shopping Centre).

Being a Thursday night and all with the majority of the cops being assholes lately to the cruising scene and all. I do not plan to partake in any well known cruising destionations that will have the cops there such as Aspley, Milton, etc etc.

So... we have 2 plans for a cruise to which we can vote on today.

Plan 1 - Northside.

Meet: Toombul Shopping Centre.

Plan 2 - Southside.

Meet: Car Park along Miles Platting Road at Eight Mile Plains across from the Bus Station.

Although this probably wont be a major cruise, it's atleast something we can do Thursday night instead of cruising with the bogans that are creating the attention from the police to come out in force these days.

Reason for choosing the Yatala destionation is because when I first started cruising some what, some years ago.... we use to actually leave from Springwood Macca's/Subway and cruise down to Yatala and then back up the Pacific Motorway onto the gateway, take the Mt Gavatt exit and then back onto the gateway and back to Springwood Macca's to which, I actually liked this route.

Of course, once we reach Yatala BP... we can then discuss on where to cruise afterwards.

Edited by r33skyliner

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah southside is really good for me, even i will drive bout 45mins to get north to the southside if you know what i mean......but yeah i would be happy to bring my 32 out with others, not as flash as most peoples but i am workin on it.

I always wondered why every cruise ever organised in the S.E. had to include one of the BP site. Just curiouss, that's all.

Fuel, food, lots of well lit parking, easy access for low cars, easy to find, open 24hrs, (to my knowledge) not a huge cop magnet....... I am sure there are more.

A little more detail on the Soutside meeting spot may be a good idea????

Seeing as some of us Northsiders have NFI regaridng locations on the Southside...

Ok.....

Going south towards springwood, coming from Brisbane along Logan road. You'll see a major intersection coming up which has the really old heritage listed house on one corner and on the other side, the petrol station.

As your going south, take a left at those lights and you'll turn onto Miles Platting Road. Follow that road through and as you drive over the Pacific Motorway, you'll start to see a lite up area on both sides. The right side being the Eight Miles Planes bus station and on the left side is the car park.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Br...94,0.010729&t=k

Ok.... You'll see a carpark in that pic there which is pretty much almost full of cars.

Across the road (lookin towards the top of the pic), you'll see a big dirt area sourrounded by tree's.

This is where the car park that I'm talking about, is.

If anyone has any problems. I'll have the UHF turned on and will be on channel 16.

You drive on logan rd past autoforce import yard, turn left @ the next intersection with the caltex petrol station on your right hand side.

this is heding toward underwood on logan rd btw

Keep driving down miles plating rd going over the m1, just b4 the set of lights turn into the car park, as r33skyliner said its across the rd from the bus depot. your can jump straight back onto the gateway to head done the coast. Not a bad spot and no cops which is nice.

hope that helps people

Edited by zorma3nz

John.. you might want to change your southside meet carpark. Those carparks (both sides!) are fully monitored as we found out when that location was used as a meeting spot for the Boostcruising Charity Cruise. You need permission from the BCC busway to use the carparks for meeting spots. He tried to kick us out but we sweet talked him with presents and stuff. They only let us stay because it was a charity cruise and we were expecting 70+ cars. We asked if we could go over the other side and the answer was still no as it's still part of council property.

So yes, I'd highly advise that you change your southside meeting spot as you WILL be kicked out as soon as you are spotted on the security cameras.