SAU Community

I was wondering wheather the R32 GTS-4 would have the same rear diff as the R32 GTS-t's. reason being that i have a switch to go to 4WD or RWD. Because of the torque split i thought that nissan may have put in 2 diff's that are half the strength of the 1 GTS-t rear diff as the force is distributed and to save on overall car weight. If this is the case then having the switch to RWD could potentially be doing damage to the rear diff as it is taking the full force. does anyone know?

I was wondering wheather the R32 GTS-4 would have the same rear diff as the R32 GTS-t's. reason being that i have a switch to go to 4WD or RWD. Because of the torque split i thought that nissan may have put in 2 diff's that are half the strength of the 1 GTS-t rear diff as the force is distributed and to save on overall car weight. If this is the case then having the switch to RWD could potentially be doing damage to the rear diff as it is taking the full force. does anyone know?

R32 GTS4 uses the same design/strength R200 diff as R32 GTS-t and GTR (not to mention R33 GTS-t and GTR, R34 etc - there are different ratio's used, of course). There is no problem with strength as long as the diff is in good condition.

under the bonnet, has 4wd or attessa or something on the fuse lid cover to clue you into which one it is. Prolonged use with the fuse out can cause damage to 4wd system(i have heard) if you were to go drifting or something like that. It may be benifitial to raise the car and pull the front drive shaft, about a 5-10min job, 8 bolts in total (from memory)

You don't appear to know how the 4wd works. Rear diff has to be "full strength", so to speak, as the car only engages the front wheels when slip is detected. And I do believe that when the wheels start to spin, there is less load on the diff (less "torque resistance").

Also, in the r32, there is no need to play with driveshafts, as the centre diff has no contact unless activated (unlike r33 and r34).

The fuse under the bonnet is clearly marked.

And I should have my r32 gts4 on the road by next week.

Don't forget to put the fuse back after every run. Enjoy...

Check the FAQ FORUM and click the r32 rwd link. Then rather than pulling the fuse, you can wire up a switch.

Nice one, that was one of my questions answetred too, now could someone please tell me which fuse i need to pull to go rwd, is it the one under the dash, or under the hood? cheers

i know that there is a fuse under the bonnet for the 4WD. its marked on the case : ANTI/4WD/PTC. im not sure if anyone else has hooked up their switch to this but i have ran it through the switch under my dash. i tried to simply pull that switch under bonnet but the car wouldnt start when i did that. ive included pics as to what i have done.and also a picture that is quite possibly the greatest drawing since mona lisa. its literally as simple as my sh1tty diagram and it works perfectly.

P.S. any positive feedback on the drawing is appreciated. hehe.

post-17537-1136361108.jpg

post-17537-1136361168.jpg

post-17537-1136361200.jpg

Edited by GTS4dood