huddy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just got my 32 4 door back from Tilbrook's (thanks Brady your the man)

I had same probs as Huddy all fixed now

check out the before and after

green lines are before

blue lines are low boost .9 bar rich as mix but safe

red line is high boost 1.2 bar

have a look at max nm before and after 600nm baby

then look at max power and compare to the kph between each run

Im very happy but now Im worried for my new G/box maybe I should have got a rb25 box lol

post-15018-1138430964.jpg

post-15018-1138431082.jpg

Have you tried putting an adjustable cam gear?

I know someone with an R34 that has cams and lowered compression ratio but hasn't been able to afford to replace the stock turbo yet. He is running actuator pressure - about 5-7psi - but has an adjustable cam gear retarded about 4 degrees (that's the only part i'm not 100% on - it may be different but you get the gist) and this brings the boost on very early. Like around 2k.

It needs to be adjusted on a dyno to check but you should gain big mid range and up high might stay the same or increase.

I always had this idea in my mind that the 2530 was the ultimate rb20 turbo? Surely with a tune you could pump some more boost in there and get a better figure (with a new fuel pump of course).

hey guys im currently putting a hks2510 on my rb20. Should be interesting. Im running Power Fc, Bosch 440 fuel pump, gtr injectors, custom dump, full 3" zorst, FMIC an z32 airflow meter. So hoping for just over 200rwkw. Has anyone else seen somethin like this

"maybe ur tuner or engine is old , or turbo is old aswell "

whats with the bagging our power fig's ?

my high and low boost afr are still very rich way off max power type afr fig's

low boost ratio r 10.1ish high is closer to 11.5

You should be able to get that with that set up, it also depends on the tuning of the power fc as well but the potential is there. I think once you get over 200rwkw with the 2510 it will become less and less efficient obviously. But should be able to run 1 to 1.15 bar and get those figures I would think. but it should be easy to drive and will be a huge inmprovent over the stocky. Let us know how you go????

From what I've seen the problem with the 2510 is when you ramp up the boost you make the peak power earlier in the rpm and as a result power noses over earlier in the rpm.

This causes the power band to narrow considerably, not what you want really. :D

Cefiro and cubes thank you for your input. The reason i picked the 2510 is it will provide a shit load of torque and will be much easier to drift then a bigger turbo. Also Im currently looking at cam gears to improve mid range. So after this tune i will see how i go. I have also seen a 2510 make 180kw on a rb20 on 1bar of boost so i figure with 1.2 - 1.3 bar of boost i should make it.

Cheers Jamie

• 3 weeks later...

"I have also seen a 2510 make 180kw on a rb20 on 1bar of boost so i figure with 1.2 - 1.3 bar of boost i should make it. "

I'm making 180kw from an RB25 turbine on 1.05 bar of boost already....just letting you know this, no offence

My problems "more fixed" now seems getting a mate to bash out some intercooler piping might not have been the best way to go about it

looks like I wasnt silicone joiners werent sealing either into or out the cooler

Ive also lost .2bar by fixing the leaks and boost holds alot better

my car feels awesome getting a "retune" monday should be good

ps cars been on four different dyno's and never been picked up

mine was laggy and un responsive with new turbo. not to mention it made NO power

chucked it on dyno to check AF mixes to make sure it wasnt leaning out.

turns out timing was 15 degrees retarded on the CAS, along with plug gaps etc etc.

made ALL the difference!