SAU Community

insurence for 34 n/a on a 17yr old

Guest neoGT-25

Guest neoGT-25

Hey people, i havent talked here for AGEEEEEEEEEIS...

anyway i got a quick question if anyone could please answer,

as we all know most insurence companys are ghey and dont insure imports let alone if you are 17 and i was wondering what company everyone uses? (Also if you dont mind, how much it costs you?)

my car is a non turbo so why is it so expensive for me? ($4,500pa)

i want to get a no claims bonus rating of 1 so what company should i do it with if i want full comp at a smaller price than $4,500?

i hope all this made sence... im really tierd tonight, ahwells, bye all :P

PS: Atm: im with just cars

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you're only 17, I think it's fair that I assume this is the 1st year you insure your car... means you're at rating 6 atm.

If you want rating 1, there is no way you can do abt it but to keep insuring your car for the next 6 years with 0 claims (perfect record), then you'll be on rating 1.

If you have claims at your fault, your rating may go down the following year (eg from rating 5 to 6 or stays at 6 if you're already at rating 6), depends on the severity of the incident. If you are rating 6 and made claim but not your fault (the other driver's fault), then generally your rating stays at 6 on the following year (when you renew your insurance) before it goes up to 5 the next following year. So generally, at fault claims can cost you 3 years to get to the next bonus rating claim, and non-fault claims cost you 2 years to advance the rating. It may differ from company to company, but that's how I understand it from RACV.

I'm with Just Cars too, 29yo male rating 4, only got 2 more months to go before I'm on my rating 3. I do have perfect driving record, only bcoz I started to insure my car on rating 6 when I came into australia 3 yrs ago, I can only be on rating 4 now where most other 30 yo who had insurance since they're 18 will be on rating 1 by now. Unfortunately I dun have any insurance records back home in Indonesia, so it's a long way to rating 1 for me too. Back home insurance is not necessary (>90% drivers are uninsured) as any panel beating and spray painting shops will generally cost cheaper than insurance excess. Along with average 35-40km/h max speed in nationwide traffic jams, ppl don't get that much damage in any accident.

Yeah, it's a hard way to go, but that's the way life is, so live with it. Drive safe and careful so you don't need to make any claims.

my son was 17 last week, past his test in the same week, and I gave him a sil-eighty SR20 turbo to drive untill we sell it if he paid for the insurance himself.

he got insured with Just cars for only $638 third part fire and theft

thats the best he could find

Guest Boxhead

in reality , insurers are worse than nazi germans...

there is no real way you win, if you try and save money via insuring under parents name, you wont get accreditation towards your rating...

however, if you crash, you wont loose rating either :(..

im not to sure, so dont quote me , but i think suncorp metway actually classify non turbo and turbo imports the same price to insure... so they treat them as an import not turbo/non turbo...

the one i will prolly do it from now, is just get third party, fire and theft... untill im atleast 25.. even if yoru rating is teh same, a over 25 will get cheaper then under 25...

neoGT,

atm I'm still paying about $2200+ pa on my rating 4...

I can't really remember how much, that was 10 months ago I paid it, maybe even between $2300-2350...

Well, hopefully it will come down much less being the fact that I'll be 30 this year and rating 3.

Guest neoGT-25

Insurence sucks :(

they are so mean... so i should just pay the $4500?

im thinking about getting another car untill im Rating one but i dont want another car :P

what should i do?

PS: Thanks for the help so far guys ;)

Its all relative to the cost of the car and how often they are crashed by younger drivers.

Your best bet would be to insure under your parents name with suncorp which would be ~ $1000, and then *if* you crash its a $3000 excess.

Wait till your a bit older (20+) to put it in your name. Or buy a bomb that u never drive and insure it so u get a rating.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neoGT-25

im getting a Datto 1600 proberly for a year then i found a company which will give me full comp for $2000 if i have had atleast one years insurence with anyone else ;)

YAY!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neoGT-25

talked to suncorp today and they said they wont touch anyone under 25 with an import... :P

Gester: i cant find out what company it is... :) lost all info on it ;)

sorry

Guest Boxhead

i very doubt most companies will touch you if you are under 25 for an import.. best bet is to do what dave did..

but now im screwed, coz mums rating is now up sh*t creek with me claiming through it.. so anyway i look at it, ill be fisted