SAU Community

My R33 Is Running Less Than Stock Boost....

nsta

Hey guys, my r33 shows a little under halfway mark on the factory guage, around +3 (~ 6psi???) when at peak boost, and never once gets any higher, as i have an exhaust and pod, i would think it'd go higher than this, at least factory spec.

My mate recently tried doing the high boost mode solenoid trick, and played around with some of the solenoid hoses, could he have screwed something up in this area, ive attached a pic, though i think he may have the top and bottom hoses mixed up on the solenoid, can someone please confirm.

Also we recently tried fitting a boost tap to my car, to no avail, could someone, pleae edit my picture and show me how to fit it correctly, using mspaint or something.

thanks in advice

post-6529-1136760449.jpg

Making your vacuum hoses as short as possible is a general requirement for any sort of boost controller. Long hoses cause lag in boost response and inaccurate boost pressure.

It could also be your boost gauge. Get a cheapo analogue gauge and test with that.

the factory guage isnt in psi...so on stock boost it only goes to about half way in the positive side...even doing the boost trick it doesnt go much higher on the stock guage...u need an aftermarket guage to accuratly know what its doing....by the way in doing the boost trick ur cutting the black wire and putting it to the chassis yes? because in that thread there was a bit of confusion about which wire it was...ive done this to my car and it is the BLACK waire that needs to be grounded...

its not going to 3.5 though....only 3.......heres a picture of the high boost mod, and yes white is grounded, could that be the problem???

how do i put the boost trick back to normal as i have got a boost tap which i want fitted, so i dnt need the boost trick now or do i???

post-6529-1136772306.jpg

Edited by nsta

i did by some new vac hoses for the solenoid to factory t-peice, but its not broken, and definitely tight, i just cut the hoses for a tight fit, so its not lenghty anymore........does it matter if the hoses are on either top or bottom of the solenoid?, as it seems to not make much difference when i drive!

havent tested the car yet though i will soon, can anyone tell me how to fit the boost tap to my car...

Edited by nsta