SAU Community

Aftermarket Fuel Rails And Regulators

YO880

Hi Guys,

Originally i purchased a greddy intake plenum for my rb25det to reduce the intercooler pipework etc. During this time i also purchased a nismo fuel pressure regulator (which is a direct fit onto the stock rail).

Once i recieved the plenum i realised that it is a much better idea to go for an aftermarket fuel rail as well, as i need bigger injectors (top feed is cheaper) and the stock rail needs to be modded to fit anyways.

I am looking at buying either a top feed greddy or HKS fuel rail, but neither of these have room to mount the fuel regulator on them (the ends seem to have screw fittings). It seems that you have to some how remotely mount the fuel pressure regulator.

Can my nismo regulator be remotely mounted somehow? or will i need to sell it and buy some sort of different regulator?

any help appreciated.

i just noticed that the sard FPR seems to be remote mounted, but is there a way to remote mount the nismo one? maybe an adaptor or something? or am i just better selling/buying a proper one?

The nismo type A fpr that you have is only meant to install on the stock rail. If you want to get an aftermarket rail, you will have to go with a universal fpr like sard or malpassi. Besides with the universal fpr like sard, it has the ability to use flare fittings. Then you would use -6 lines and fittings for the fuel lines. The regulator will also need to be mounted somewhere in the engine bay.

-Bluefire