SAU Community

Gtr Twin Turbo Exhaust Manifolds

SRB

on behalf of a friend with a gtr..

came across some gtr manifolds with following specifics

SU321 stainless steel, Fully TIG welded, Fully Ported and Polished.

how would they compare say to the usual SU304 manifolds found, eg tuneagent/racespec..

su321 post-23724-1136858730.jpg

su304 post-23724-1136858918.jpg

on behalf of a friend with a gtr..

came across some gtr manifolds with following specifics

SU321 stainless steel, Fully TIG welded, Fully Ported and Polished.

how would they compare say to the usual SU304 manifolds found, eg tuneagent/racespec..

su321 post-23724-1136858730.jpg

su304 post-23724-1136858918.jpg

Personally neither of these manifolds match up to the hks manifolds as i bought a set and found the port oversize and didn’t line up properly and the turbo flange was way to big and i had to get a different gasket just get them to seal up even after i had them surface ground. So if you can find some second hand hks manifold they are worth every scent.

If you can not afford hks unit i would look at the extrusion porting of the std manifolds.

Pete

ye but did he buy the same ones in question, from RACESPEC.. ive read many posts from others saying they were very happy with their product, so thats my dilemma.

321 is marine grade stainless from memory

304 is alot better with the differences in heat changing constantly 321 tends to go brittle and cracks quicker than 304 (from memory.. could be other way around its been awhile since i got taught all that stuff)

other than the the performance difference would depend on the insides weather there the same or different

Edited by Wazz

hahaha ^^^^^ i kno 321 is a higher quality stainless steel, but i dont think there are any performance gains to be made. i hope these tuneagent/racespec manifolds are up to scratch!