SAU Community

Vaccum Hose Causing Issues

nsta

Just installed my boost gauge, and t'd the line from the standard vaccum, goes from the back of manifold to a little black box, problem is the line is small in diameter to most, and the hoses that have been t'd into them keep ripping apart when i run boost consistently. So it starts to leak.

how do most people stop this from occuring, ive cable tied the ends right now, but it doesnt look like itll keep it from ripping again, hose clams are all to big for this type of hose......

maybe something from jaycar mite do the trick???

thanks

can i replace it with normal vaccum hose?and what diameter did you guys get when replacing the standard one, as the standard one is very small, i was thinking of getting a one similar in size to the fuel reg hose......

and is it easy to take out the little black box to get to the other end of the hosE???

thanks

can i replace it with normal vaccum hose?and what diameter did you guys get when replacing the standard one, as the standard one is very small, i was thinking of getting a one similar in size to the fuel reg hose......

and is it easy to take out the little black box to get to the other end of the hosE???

thanks

Yes you can replace with normal vacuum hose.

Get a hose with the closest if not same diameter as stock.

Unscrew the black box from its mount, easy!

hey guys, is it alright to use pvc hose (it wont melt will it:), as i had some spare hose in the right size, its very very tight fit, but the end going to the black box i could only manage to get over the knob part, and in about 2mm....is that alright, it seems very tight but im just scared itll come off again

cheers