SAU Community

Wakefield Track Day Sat 21st Jan

burnsey

Gday, heading to my first car track day this weekend at wakefield saturday...

Anyone else going to this?

Never been to wakefield, never been in a car either so hoping it's gonna be alright and not too busy...

Anyone been to their no limits days? any good bad comments? specially going on weekend?

They are good. I'm going tomorrow if anyone is keen to join me.

$40 Wakefield licence, $90 for the day. Passengers allowed but they pay the same as drivers.

Weekends are busier for sure but you will still get plenty of track time. There have been heaps on there lately so it shouldn't be too crowded for you.

Make sure you prepare your car beforehand and keep your eye out for fellow skyliners to talk to.

I wrote this ages ago which you may find useful.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...pe=post&id=2785

would much prefer a weekday but with a new job it makes it hard :'(

thanks for the link, a nice read... i'm sure it's very similar to the bike days...

just wondering what it's like with other cars out there and passing and stuff.

they say passing only on the straight... what happens if some1's up your ass the whole time or visa versa... would suck to have to spend the lap following them/following you...

either way should be great!

Burnsey

People are usually very polite about it. Keep an eye out for the faster cars before you get on the track and then move over and wave them past when they come up behind you. Hopefully others will do the same for you.

Watch out for wankers in evos diving under you on brakes in the kink at the end of the straight and stay away from all the S15's. They can't drive :D

Wakefield is the first track i drove on (bathurst doesnt count) and its really good for first timers

Abo Bob is exactly right about the other cars

You will have heaps of fun - id go if my CV didnt explode on friday night

I'm going down oon sat with a mate in another r33 gtst been to a couple before I would highly recommend it - good value and wakefield is the best track for your first time (plenty a space rond the track for mistakes - thats why I'm going there again).

hahaha...no chance of going for me! last time i went was on the penzoil day out ...and blew my engine..it has been confirmed..BLOW ENGINE PEOPLE!..let me just warn everyone....dont go unless you are willing to live with the consequesnses...haha...me?....rebuild i hope :O think positive! woooossaaaaa

Wayne ended up going to both to wakefield as well as Eatern Creek had a good day with a couple of mates but very hot could only do 2 laps slightly hard before water temp was above a hundred need that oil cooler. EC is a heaps better track especially at the end after learning some lines following Paul around.

I think i may have seen you out there reedy.

I was the white series 1.5 with it's hood up for most of the day in the 2nd row of garages...

after the first session, found out my oil line to the turbo sprung a leak... so rest of the day was passengering in my mates s15. had one drive of his car and got ~1.16 hand timed i think... not too bad for a car i'd never driven....

Getting the problem sorted and new brake fluid for next time!

hopefully get some decent consistant times...

Hey Abo bob, what mods are you running while getting those sorts of times??

Thanks

Burnsey

Hey Reedy, does your r33 have a FMIC or a stocky?

Maybe whack in a twin pass rad + a oil cooler, should cool things down a bit.

I've got a track day at Wakefield in a couple of weeks in the DatNats '06. B)

Sometimes a FMIC can restrict airflow into rad.

I found this info at UAS:

TWIN PASS MEANING WATER FLOWS IN AT THE TOP, ACROSS, THEN BACK THROUGH THE BOTTOM OF THE CORE, SO IT IS IN AND OUT ON THE SAME SIDE WITH A DIVIDER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DRIVERS SIDE TANK. THE AIR GETS TWO GOES AT COOLING THE WATER. WE HAVE DONE TESTS THAT PROVE THIS COOLS BETTER, EVEN COMPARING TO A THICKER AFTERMARKET SINGLE-PASS CORE RADIATOR. THIS UNIT HAS MOUNTING BOSSES FOR THE FAN SHROUD AND A RIDGE AT THE TOP TO LOCATE THE FACTORY ALLOY FORWARD PLATE.

A BOOK BY THE NAME OF "FORCED INDUCTION PERFORMANCE TUNING" STATES:

"A TWO-PASS RADIATOR WILL DUMP 15-20% MORE HEAT THAN AN OTHERWISE IDENTICAL CONVENTIONAL SINGLE-PASS RADIATOR"

These are used on most V8 supercars.

So I guess you should give the 'cardy man' a call, aka J Penlington. :PBJ: