SAU Community

Hey Guys Im New!

Tyranus

hey guys.. i recently got rid of my STi Version 5 Type R. and im thinkin of getting a R32 Skyline GTS-4. do these cars have good potential/good response.. basically is it a good overall package. Cheers Sedat!

Ive been looking at this :

post-26151-1137984062.jpg

i had a car accident, and i got paid out from my insurance. So are these puppies any good? are they in the same class as WRX. if i buy one im finking of doing a RB25DET engine conversion. i also used to own a VL Turbo before my STi. nice cars ;)

They're basically baby GTRs.

Putting in the RB25DET is a good idea as coming from the STi you'll be left wanting with little amount of torque the RB20 gives.

they are ok they are basically a gtr with an rb20 instead of rb26. Check out just car insurance they are pretty reasonable with prices for performance cars. Im 18 and only paying 2100 a year on a r33 gts-t. So its worth looking into for a gtr unless you have a really shitty driver history?

my driver history and all that is sweet, my friend was going to buy a R32 GTR and just cars told him that full cover insurance will be 9k a year!?? can this bee? are there any modded or unmodded R32 GTR owners dat pay 9k?

hmm so what does insurance cost on R32 GTR's?? 2-4K?.. do any of you guys know a site where i can get all the details (engine/gearbox/1/4times etccc) on the R32 GTS-4. Ive heard that the GTS-4 uses the same gearbox and 4wd system as the R32 GTR

Like said above; the 2L will be pretty sluggish. Mate of mine bought one, and gave me a drive. It had the usual mods, but it was pretty laggy and slow. Handled like a dream though, and he did some wicked stuff on skidpan days.

He has an R32 GTR now, and there's absolutely nothing that it's missing. Goes like the clappers, and it's stock!

Call Just Car, and get a quote. I'm sure it's not going to be 9K. A quote for HALF of that would make me frown!

oh and another one of my mates has an R32 GTST and he loves it... usual mods like fmic, zorst, filter, and 10psi.... he cuts the best nuts in the wet in it as well.... totally on the spot round donuts haha

i can afford a GTR R32 or R33, but they cost to much to run and the insurancee they just rape you! i was paying 4k for the insurance the STi

And you think a different Skyline coupe, with a turbo engine conversion no less, is somehow going to be significantly cheaper?

How much do you think insurance on an Impreza GX would be after you did an EJ20T conversion on it? Or your running costs?

Be a man. If you want a 4WD turbo Skyline and you can afford it, get a GT-R. Don't arse about.

i'll just say. having a 32 gtr and gtst, i can tell you it is very hard to get decent power out of a 32 gtst. if your happy with 200 kw at the wheels go the gtst, if you are going to want more than that don't buy one.

If you still want a 32 but going to fill it with 33 bits to get more power y not just buy a 33??????

Edited by RRR32_GoDzIlLa