SAU Community

This Section Needs Help

Hi guys.

With the new section, its looking a bit bare, best thing to brighten it up are good useful sticky threads :)

If someone has an idea, post here or PM me.

I was thinking if someone can post up formula's to workout diff ratios and things like that... would be very handy for a sticky.

You'll be credited with the information of course and all that :D

Throw ideas out there

-ash

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

um. To figure out any gear ratio the formula is: the number of teeth on the driven gear (crown wheel) divided by the number of teeth on the driving gear (pinion) eg: crown wheel 20 teeth, pinion 10....

SO 20 divided by 10 = a ratio of 2:1... easy.

Evan

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

i whould just check the diff have never come across a single diff that did not have the ratio stamped onto it some where with out a plate on it some where

so why try and work it out?

Edited by neofenrir34

i whould just check the diff have never come across a single diff that did not have the ratio stamped onto it some where with out a plate on it some where

so why try and work it out?

Because people get diff gears changed

can we get a thread up on recomended oils to use in gearboxs, vlsd and mechanical lsds. say in my gearbox i use fuchs 75/90 because i found the redline shockproof crap and in my kaaz 2 way i use fuchs ls140 with ford motorsport additive. i notice alot of people use castrol syntrax and find it good

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Is it possible to get a sticky thread made up about 33 boxes into 32's. So many people still cant use the search function. I know there are a few good threads about the conversion maybe they can be put into one thread?

• 5 weeks later...

I think a sticky on gearbox identification would be awesome, like being able to tell by the webbing on the housing/dimensions/weight/any numbers stamped on box, gear diagrams, 1piece/3piece syncros stuff like that :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...