SAU Community

Nissan Trx

koleka

yeh thats rght, there a pintara dressed up.

but whats the R31 got to do with it?

There are pintara R31s.

If you wack a CA18 in them, they move ok, good bang for buck sleepers.

But he could be talking about the older RWD 910 bluebird thingy TRX's. If so there are plenty of fast ones of them, just you wouldnt pick them from a standard one.

early pintaras (shape before the trx) had the r31 body, but a ca20 4cyl motor - those were rwd. And shit

Newer ones with the ka24 i'm sure are fwd. Theyre also the same car as the ford corsair. Not a bad car, but i'd probably spend my money elsewhere.

There are pintara R31s.

If you wack a CA18 in them, they move ok, good bang for buck sleepers.

But he could be talking about the older RWD 910 bluebird thingy TRX's.  If so there are plenty of fast ones of them, just you wouldnt pick them from a standard one.

beat me davo :P

There was a run of R31 Pintara TR-X's, they were a CA20E with a bodykit and old Bluebird TR-X wheels and nothing else, so yeah, shit.

Only 2.4 litre TR-X I know of is the U12 Pintara, and its FWD, so I dunno which car Koleka is talking about.....

I actually found the U12 TR-X a bit of fun to drive, fairly good point & shoot steering for what it was, and reasonably gutsy for a 4cyl if you keep it's revs up

Edited by Bluprint

Heya people, after finding out that these cars are a RWD 2.4 Ltr, i was wondering why no body modifies them?

any info about the car would be great also.

thanks

Yep, i think you've crossed a wire somewhere... The 2.4 litre Nissan Pintara TRX from thye late 1980's was front wheel drive with LSD, and widely disliked for a number of reasons. The engine was a KA24E single overhead cam 12 valve engine pushing out 96kw. There are some running CA18DET engines, but aside from that, extensive modifications are rare because the chassis was always a little ropey.

The 2.0 litre Nissan Bluebird TRX from the early to mid 1980's was rear wheel drive, ran an L20 engine, and are more popular for modifying than the Pintara. Many of the faster Bluebirds run FJ20 engines. Click here for an example http://www.turbocreations.com/fj20/troysbluebird/. It's not necessarily a good example, but it was the first one I found and I am lazy.

And according to others the R31 Pintara has a TRX version running a 2.0 litre rear wheel drive.

So there are your choices - 2 litre rear drive or 2.4 litre front drive. There is no 2.4 litre rear drive as far as i know.