SAU Community

Going From An R33 Gtst To A Pulsar Gtir

JaFF

Thought I'd bring in the weight difference to this thread.

R32 GTR = 1480kg

RNN14 gtir = 1200kg

all the gtr fans need to take their blinkers off and realise there are other great vehicles out there.

that said, I wouldn't take a GTiR over any import skyline but that's just my personal preference.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the hell did u land a GTiR for 6k???

can you put me onto your broker/ importer??

pm me the details if ya want.

Cheers.

Paul

It was a bit of a once off special.

Under the 15 year rule too so it'll only cost me $1000 - $1250 to comply it.

Needs a respray, as do most 15 year old cars.

Greg

so there that fast huh?

maby i should have looked into them more before i brought my r33

but than again my car puts a smile on my face, wit 210rwkw its enough

i ust to see gtir"s at wsid do passes of around 13 and 14 seconds all the time

every gtr i saw run down always had a much faster time slip though..

but i dunno i just wouldnt feel special in a pulsar

Laser tx3awd dry weight 1175kgs

sorry lads but they are soo cheap + a rebuild and lots of mods and it should cane a gtir and gtr i think?

wat dif alone is a car load of people in the gtr but close to the gtir

my 1 cent (all i am worth)

james

Edited by Miller the hoon

From what I know the ATTESSA system on the GTiR is only different to the R32 GTR in terms of the FWD normal drive Vs RWD normal drive modes.

A gti-r is 50/50 power distribution!! It is mechanical and can NOT be changed with fuses or anything like that. COMPLETLY different to a GTR.

Greg

EXAUNV

Have u had to rebuild the gearbox, clutch yet??? :lol:

The gtir is good for what you payfor one but the interior is less than average and it has the aerodynamics of a shopping trolley.

I also have every best motoring dvd, which one has the race your talking about??

EXAUNV

Have u had to rebuild the gearbox, clutch yet???  :lol:

The gtir is good for what you payfor one but the interior is less than average and it has the aerodynamics of a shopping trolley.

I also have every best motoring dvd, which one has the race your talking about??

Mine hasn't landed yet.

My mates been through a few gearboxes and now has upgraded to a PAR gearset.

If it brakes I'l just upgrade too.

the interior is just as good as R32 GTR (seats are not as good) but dash etc. are just as good.

I'm not sure what number the best motoring dvd is. I'll see if there's anything on it to say what number it is.

At the end of the day I'm more happy going from a 251rwkw (safe tuned) R32 to a less than 180kw's at all 4's gti-r.

Greg

Probably a one off man.

Seriously, gti-rs are good cars, but they won't handle better or keep on the straight with a GTR. I reckon the GTR driver was hopeless  :)

That said, I'm pretty sure the gti-rs would kill a 33 (GTST ofcourse) straight line, but on the track it would be close (unless its raining!)

actually ive seen some high powered rwd cars beat some evo8's on a wet track with the rain pissing down

as for gtir's they are ok for the pocket racer but as soon as u start pushing it hard things start to break. my mate owns one and has gone through a clutch n 2 gearboxes since owning it over the last 2 yrs n he shifts like a grandma

another mate bought one 2 months ago n hes already trying to sell it

actually ive seen some high powered rwd cars beat some evo8's on a wet track with the rain pissing down

as for gtir's they are ok for the pocket racer but as soon as u start pushing it hard things start to break. my mate owns one and has gone through a clutch n 2 gearboxes since owning it over the last 2 yrs n he shifts like a grandma

another mate bought one 2 months ago n hes already trying to sell it

They are cheap and were dicontinued for a reason!!

EXAUNV

Was it a english translation best motoring dvd you are reffering to or a jap one?

There wont be a number on the dvd case but a title.

Mine hasn't landed yet.

My mates been through a few gearboxes and now has upgraded to a PAR gearset.

If it brakes I'l just upgrade too.

the interior is just as good as R32 GTR (seats are not as good) but dash etc. are just as good.

I'm not sure what number the best motoring dvd is. I'll see if there's anything on it to say what number it is.

At the end of the day I'm more happy going from a 251rwkw (safe tuned) R32 to a less than 180kw's at all 4's gti-r.

Greg

Glad you are getting into a GTI-R mate. having owned a GTI-R and a GTR and a GTST i know a little about them.

GTI-Rs are a very quick little car, but they are no where near as nice a car as a GTR. the interior is not even close mate. sorry but not in the same class as a 32 GTR, let alone a 33 or 34. the handling is completely different too. as you mentioned the GTI-Rs do not have an active torque split like GTRs do.

my mate had one about a year ago. had a 600 roller and FMIC with 26 pounds of boost. that thing ripped the f**k out of anything it dragged and used to smoke all four wheels in second gear.

he used to drag my cousin's HSV VT R8 6-speed and he even used to give him a few seconds head start and just toyed with him lol. when it took off you'd just be glued to the seat lol. what i'm trying to say is that it's an awsome little car.

it may b 50/50 power dist but whats the weight dist? 63/35?

I never said anything otherwise. Was merely stating that they do not use the same 4wd system as the GTR :S

EXAUNV

Was it a english translation best motoring dvd you are reffering to or a jap one?

There wont be a number on the dvd case but a title.

It was a Jap one. I got it off the gti-r forums. It's on there.

Glad you are getting into a GTI-R mate. having owned a GTI-R and a GTR and a GTST i know a little about them.

GTI-Rs are a very quick little car, but they are no where near as nice a car as a GTR. the interior is not even close mate. sorry but not in the same class as a 32 GTR, let alone a 33 or 34. the handling is completely different too. as you mentioned the GTI-Rs do not have an active torque split like GTRs do.

I suppose it comes to personal prefference. I owned a 32 gts-t with GTR interior (I loved the seats) but i mean the dash and stuff isn't that different. A 32 isn't anything fancy and either is the gti-r. For their age they were both quite good for their interiors (in comparasson to locally delivered cars).

And he sodl it coz he kept breaking parts right?

They are expensive cars to maintain, this is what I've said from the start. Going from a 33 gts-t to a gti-r to save money is not going to happen.

I can't believe I feel like im defending myself for voicing a personal opinion.

Greg

greg we arent attacking you, just pointing out facts about the car

also my weight comment was just stating about the understeer characteristics of the car

Fair enough....

I know there are flaws, I'm not saying a gti-r is the best car in the world by any means.

Here's my opinion of the gti-r:

Overall they're a quick car.

Understeer stock and need a few grand spend on handling before they'll handle well.

They cost a shitload to run and are prone to breaking gearboxes.

But they are a bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing which I'm sure will keep me happy :ban:

At the end of it all I suppose a gti-r and a GTR or GTS-T are completly different cars. But a gti-r will definately not cost less to keep running, and that's what was asked at the start of this thread.

Greg

GTI-Rs certainly are front heavy, but they can be made to handle quite respectably with not too much work.

i still maintain the GTR interior is far nicer than the GTI-R. not just talking about fabrics etc. I mean the whole shape and design.