SAU Community

Manual Conversion

Pal

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you misunderstood. I wasnt saying that autos are slow and that only pansys drive them, I was saying erics car is basically the same mods done as mine, and ive got faster times, with the only difference being the gearbox as I can launch better with the clutch and manual box.

And I wasnt having a go at anyone, just saying in comparision

Well change of plans again (feel like a yoyo) able to get a conversion kit fron the toy shop over in sydney for 2600 deliverd to xspeed.

the problem is i can decide which way to go

1. manual conversion, new clutch for 3800

or

2. power fc, shift kit, blitz spec s boost controller for 4000

need help :) will be ordering next monday!!

Edited by Pal

Well change of plans again (feel like a yoyo) able to get a conversion kit fron the toy shop over in sydney for 2600 deliverd to xspeed.

the problem is i can decide which way to go

1. manual conversion, new clutch  for 3800

or

2. power fc, shift kit, blitz spec s boost controller  for  4000

need help :O will be ordering next monday!!

you are aware the power fc doesnt work with the auto properly ? this will limit you to interceptor devices such as the safcII or emanage .

if you search the forced induction forum theres a few dozen threads on it

complete manual conversion kit sourced (from another company in adelaide)and will be paid for on monday, week and a half wait for it to come over, car goes in to workshop auto, comes out manual :lol: then goes over pits :O

then to the drags for that 13

only downside is it will cost about 800 bux more than thought

still worth it

Edited by Pal

• 3 weeks later...

well conversion done finally, feels great. just got to get my speedo sorted out on friday and go over the pits and thats it :whoops: . cost alot more than expected (4700 with safc tune) but i think its worth it. got alot more power out of it, went from 215rwhp to 255.8rwhp.

now where is that drag strip??!! :O

Josh, SAFC2 was tuned previously also when the auto gearbox was in to give him the first figure. The only difference is the gearbox between tunes, correct me if im wrong Eric..

Miller, about the same.. 3"turbo back, pod, fmic, 10psi = 257rwhp

Eric (Pal) has same mods, but a filter element in airbox instead of pod filter

settle guys, went to the pits today and its all good news exept one thing. He said they will only look at the modification done eg make sure the gearbox, peddles, clutch etc is put in properly. bugga have A&Z Blitz 17" by 8" rims -no good only allowed 7" (thanks to tyre power for telling me that)

hmmmmm my car came out factory with 8 inch rims and they are legal 16x 8 factory standard so i can legaly have 17 x 8 rims on it

the dpi says that ya can only have max 7 inch wide rims if your car came out with rims less than 7 inches wide .

if your car came out with an 8 inch wide rim you can not go any wider but u can go up in height copys my post from imports 101 site lol

Alternative road wheels

Alternative road wheels are permitted under the following conditions :

Rim width must not exceed the maximum rim width specified by the manufacturer by more than 25mm (1") (for passenger vehicles manufactured after 1st January 1973, the manufacturers rim width shall be taken as that specified on the tyre placard).

In any event, rim width shall not exceed 177.8 mm (7") unless specified by the manufacturer as standard equipment for the vehicle in question. No increase in rim width is permitted for vehicles fitted with original equipment rims in excess of 177.8 mm (7") width

ok,

i have stock turbo runnin 12psi,fmic,3"cat back stock front pipe and split pulse dumpa,k&n panel filter, safc2

had the safc tuned bafore fmic went on at 215rwhp, at a guess went to 220-225rwhp without a retune of safc. with gearbox and retune of safc went to 255.8.

as for the price of gearbox

parts come to $3000(america sucking up parts and hard to get, prices for conversion kits go through the roof)also my tailshaft cost 300 cause i have abs and they are hard to get(so ive been told).

to fit 1550(includes new extreme clutch)some machining, bits and pieces and about 10hrs labour

standard 150 for dynotune for safc2

thats about it :)

i dont think i could have got that out of mine, it just wouldnt respond to anything else. im happy with what i got now, i drive it every day and if i go for anymore power it becomes less reliable and fuel costs start going up, now it time to spend on maintenance.