SAU Community

R33 Gts-t Wtf Is Wrong!

bilbo117

Hey guys...

My car has had this problem for a while... After a nice hard boot (or a couple of them immediatley after each other :P) my car starts to pop when going down in revs while in gear... if i clutch it, it sometimes dies completely from this. it comes good again after a minute or two but the harder i push the car the longer and worse the popping is. does anyone know wat this could be?

its quiet loud with a straight through 3 inch exhaust...

thx in advance,

bill

Hey guys...

My car has had this problem for a while... After a nice hard boot (or a couple of them immediatley after each other :P) my car starts to pop when going down in revs while in gear... if i clutch it, it sometimes dies completely from this. it comes good again after a minute or two but the harder i push the car the longer and worse the popping is. does anyone know wat this could be?

its quiet loud with a straight through 3 inch exhaust...

thx in advance,

bill

u got a FMIC?

Hey bilbo117..

This is the same as alot of people that are running stock cars with maybe just an exhaust..

After we discussed it with a couple of people in a thread we narrowed it down to car running overly rich and by giving it a boot your exhaust temps are rising massively especially around the turbo..

as you back off the throttle, excess fuel is dumped than ignited by the heat as it passes through the exhaust housing..

do a search..

sometimes an after markets bov that isnt plumbed back can cause this problem aswell, particularly if the car hasnt been retuned. Air that comes from a bov has previously been metered by the afm, if it is not plumbed back and you have no compensation, the engine will also run rich during the time shortly after the bov operates.I wouldnt be to concerned, my cas a constant flame thrower, cops sore it once, F#$k i was up that special creek with no paddle and a sinking boat that day !