SAU Community

Intank Fuel Lines Hook Up

CruiseLiner

hey guys its a longshot, but has anyone recently pulled their stagea fuel tank open by removing the main cap on top accessed from inside the cargo area?

i removed both lines in the actual tank about 6 months ago and now i can only find the feed from the intank pumps thats runs to the engine, but what goes on the return line into the tank? (this is the intank side of the fuel cap that the fuel level gauge is connected too)

im assuming a short hose just hanging into the actual fuel liquid or to the bottom of the tank, or does it actually have somewhere to connect onto? or does it have no hose at all and drip back into the tank from the metal line?

does that make much sense :(

cheers

Brad

Its getting close isnt it? If you are doing the fuel pump it must be getting close!

hahah, well my list to go is...

turbo side cooler piping (99% done, just needs to be welded)

weld exhuast dump/front pipe properly (its made and tacked together just needs final welds done)

need some spark plug ends to connect the msd coils to the sparkplugs

and a few other minor bits non engine related...

so yes its mighty close and im almost ready to contact the tuner and book it in for the run in tune, and he reckons i need to give him 2 weeks notice but i dont wanna book it in and then not be ready, so i gotta finish it all and then book.

then the run in is next for 1000km and then another tune on abit more boost :)

im counting the days now :P

im nervous and excited, just hoping nuthing goes wrong and we havent done any errors in the build, and hopefully the tuner does good things :)

i just wanna hear the engine run after 7-8 months of hard work every single day after my fulltime job ive worked on it and all the machining delays etc, just makes me impatient :lol:

u guys shall be notified when i make some decent numbers, and might even take it down the 1/4 mile babying it to keep the gearbox and axles in 1 piece. i couldnt bare doing a 7-8k clutch dump off the line. did it in my last car with the 26 in it (and some MT slicks, 10" wide) and snapped the tailshaft uni joint, bent a diff arm 90 degrees and snapped the yoke in the rear of the gearbox all in 1 launch. B) best time with the 350rwhp was 12.0 at 118mph though, not bad from only a few runs, and 118mph showed it had mid 11s when setup right.

will be interesting to see what power the stagea needs to run 11s and hopefully my aim in the distant future (with a decent gearbox/more power) to run a 10 and keep up with these W.A. GTR's.

if i break too many parts im gonna put it in a rwd car (180sx/r32 4 door, etc) or even a dragster chassis and run a auto gearbox and im sure it will pull alot better times then and the chassis dragsters only weigh around 600kg. there is a sr20t in a dragster in wa and it runs flat 9s with only 350rwhp :) i just dont wanna spend the 10-20k on a good gearbox to suit the 4wd stuf, and a 2wd box will be 1/4 of the price and a transbraked auto wouldnt be too bad i guess ;)

cheers

Brad

Edited by CruiseLiner

Good luck Brad...i am excited for ya--been waiting for you to say shes getting closer..good luck, fingers crossed and let us know when she is up and running!! Wildcat :P