SAU Community

Stolen Skyline

evanzR33

Theiving pricks ...eyes are open (yours looked like mine) ...i would have thought miranda westfields would have been one of the safer westfields to park your car at ...mind you one of my mates has had their tarago stolen from there.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to hear dude,

That happened to my bro with his first skyline, had no alarm, imob., kill switch etc. He parked it at strathfield while out with the mates, the car was stolen when he arrived back. He called me straight away and we went hunting for it.

For some reason he had a gut feeling that it would be around bankstown area cause it is quite near by. Suprisingly we found the car being thrashed down st hilliers/rookwood rd.

We called the police for assistance, they told us not to follow the car. I was like get fkd, the car isn't insured and thats basically giving it away.

The guys pulled over at a convenice store to buy smokes so we confronted them and it got quite physical. We didn't realise that there was still someone in the passanger. The guys took off and dumped the car, i think they thought it was quick tracked or something.

thought i'd give you abit of an insight to a bad situation which turned brighter.

But i'll keep an eye out for the car mate!!!

Good Luck with the hunt!!

The westfields carpark there is notorious for car theives. I had my old lancer broken into one night up there, called the cops they said usually around 10 cars get broken into each night.

I guess the lesson for everyone is that your first mod should be an alarm/immobiliser. You need an immobilser to get insurance, and if you don't have insurance you need one twice as much!

I hope you get your car back mate.

no news from police yet, no clues either... i really hope it was a bunch of joy riders.. its been 4 days now and i still wonder if my car is in one piece... i loved that car and i see so many other skylines around, it just rubs it in.

thanks for keeping an eye out guys and if anyone has some useful info please pm me.

my dad worked in special ops for Westfield and implemented the system where cameras are trained on peoples faces as they leave the carpark - at Parramatta Westfield.. I am not sure if they did this at Miranda

what the theives used to do is drag a trolley over the sensor and get a ticket out (as if they were a car entering the carpark), then steal a car, and use the ticket to get out of the carpark. They installed cameras that take the rego, and also a camera down low to take the persons face as they lean out to put the ticket in the machine!

Often the cops know the persons face if they are a local dropkick, so they just rock down to the dudes house and it's game over for them!

i suggest you talk to Westfield centre management ASAP about getting the camera footage to the cops...

have you tried this yet?

it's unbelievable the number of skylines stolen in Sydney... i still cant get past the fact my car could be torn apart or dumped... i wish i new... most people seem to recover them in a few weeks.. has anyone had theirs stolen and recovered it in Sydney?

honestly never leave you car in a car park. there are a few stories that the acually security guards call their mates to tell them a particular car has been parked and to try to get them to break in and steal it

also if you look on your insurance papers you will see that a lot of them state that if parked in a car park then the contract is void

^^

u have 2 park ur car in a carpark somewhere evenutally....i have parkd my car in many dogdy places casue i simpley had to

best idea is 2 own 2 cars, one u love ( ur skyline) and one for goin dodgy places

any news on ur stolen car yet champ?

Dam thats close to home! I always park my car in Security at westfield miranda, if thats not an option then i park it at KFC which is very open and i would consider very difficult to steal a car from as its on the main road and stuff. ill keep a look out for ya dude!

Best of luck