SAU Community

Panel Shops In Se

mook1

:lol:

Dan - word of advice, troy is an expert on all things great and small, including spiderman figurines.

I think your credibility ended with

nope I get em painted

If you arent doing the job yourself, dont have a go and try to discredit people who:

1) Do it themselves

2) Do a proper job

3) Have just a "little" more expirience than yourself.

Even an idiot would realise a proper job of stripping and FULL change colour isnt 2k RETAIL.

Even the paint alone is half that

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dan22 - can u give the details of the shop that does the full strip and respray in a different colour for 2k??? At that price I'll be happy to change my color to R34 GTR NUR 'Mellinium Jade'.... PM me if u wish....

2k full strip and respray, wtf paint are they using? kmart acrylic, try $5000 for a job like that using glasruit.

rofl 2k, what a dreamer danny boy is, i have no idea whats going on but i like the colour red

I will stand by what I said...cuz I have got good work done n am not stupid to waste $5000 jus so that I can make a panel beater rich.... :(

I'll tell you what mate, if you have so much confidence in your $2k paint job go and get it done.. If you're happy with it, great. I know i wouldn't be. Some people care about their cars.

I happen to have been around some work on cars lately, and a full respray is a complete BALL BREAKER of a job. Anyone who charges $2k is stupid or lazy.

-Patrick

Don't want to add fuel to the fire but 2K for a paint job is not out of the question. It all depends on a few things :

- quality of the paint itself

- any coating involved?

- how it is used and how much (I never knew that respray uses so little paint)

- any body work done prior to the respray

I think for some body work and a typical respray, $2k would be reasonable. I hear of people paying $4k and above. Quite frankly if they are using paint that doesn't chip, doesn't crack, doesn't bubble, prevents door dings, keying then I would be first in line for such a paint.

I see no point paying so much when our cars are still so vulnerable to crap happening at car parks.

I don't hear much of people stripping the entire paint off, that is an extremely rare case and I would say that it would cost too much money that's why people just go for the basic stripping and something for the paint to stick.

Respray can cost anywhere from $700 to $3000, for standard work (again depending on the paint and work required to the body). I did my car for around $1000 to make it a little darker and fix up scratches and dents.