SAU Community

Gt30 500 Hp Turbo With A/r .82 Exhaust Housing

bigcarl

its definately 500hp turbo checked the id tag with whats on gcgs web site. i emailed gcg yesterday about changeing over the a/r .63 internal wastegate for an a/r .82 internal wastegated one and mark larden from gcg confirmed that they can do it for $450 exhange or $600 outright. also that i should pull 290 to 300rwkws but with an extra 500 to 700rpm in lag or spool up! stuff that i say! well at least i know now. think i will leave it as it is. thanks for your input guys.

its definately 500hp turbo checked the id tag with whats on gcgs web site. i emailed gcg yesterday about changeing over the a/r .63 internal wastegate for an a/r .82 internal wastegated one and mark larden from gcg confirmed that they can do it for $450 exhange or $600 outright. also that i should pull 290 to 300rwkws but with an extra 500 to 700rpm in lag or spool up! stuff that i say! well at least i know now. think i will leave it as it is. thanks for your input guys.

So are you running the rb25 Exhaust housing mate? That's what I though they came with from HPInABox?

Anyway it seems to me like the 7 blade turbo with the .7 comp housing is no good with the VG30 zaust housing. I am going to go with the vg30 housing with my 6 blader GT30 and see what happens. Unique Auto Sports have been selling these for a couple of years and seem to be getting 250 - 260 rwkw at around 16 psi which I am aiming for considdering I am currently getting 248 rwkw with 19 psi using the rb25 zaust housing :)

rb25 exhaust housing = 281rwkws.

Not for me big fella. 6 blade GT30 like yours and rb25 exhaust housing = 248rwkw. However I have an OEM manifold and no cams etc... + only 19psi ;)

Edit: I am putting on a z32 zaust housing (well its actually a r34DET one which is the same). I am hoping to get 250-260 rwkw with 16-17psi...

Edited by GunMetalR33

yes ive got the six blader. i had 260rwkws original tune with this turbo but i wasnt running cams , just aftermarket manifold. awesome turbo, power comes on very hard at 3800rpm!. i drive on low boost most of the time but even with 14psi ive got almost 250rwkws. i get 10psi by 3000rpm on low and even earlier on high boost! cant wait to hit the strip with my nittos...

Edited by bigcarl

yes ive got the six blader. i had 260rwkws original tune with this turbo but i wasnt running cams , just aftermarket manifold. awesome turbo, power comes on very hard at 3800rpm!. i drive on low boost most of the time but even with 14psi ive got almost 250rwkws. i get 10psi by 3000rpm on low and even earlier on high boost! cant wait to hit the strip with my nittos...

Big carl: are you still looking for a new manifold? Are you interested in selling your current one?

I think my smaller power level is due to me having to use 2 spacers on the Exhaust housing to fit the comp cover next to the manifold. These spacers are not exactly the same size and the one closest to the turbo has a smaller inside diameter and acts like a exhaust baffle...

When I get the r34 housing I will get 1 bigger spacer made up that is the right size.

So are you running the rb25 Exhaust housing mate? That's what I though they came with from HPInABox?

Anyway it seems to me like the 7 blade turbo with the .7 comp housing is no good with the VG30 zaust housing. I am going to go with the vg30 housing with my 6 blader GT30 and see what happens. Unique Auto Sports have been selling these for a couple of years and seem to be getting 250 - 260 rwkw at around 16 psi which I am aiming for considdering I am currently getting 248 rwkw with 19 psi using the rb25 zaust housing :)

Hey Gun,

how much do UAS sell the VG30/R34 exhaust housings for?

Garrett should be selling their new T3 flanged integral wastegate GT30 turbine housings in 2 - 3 months , worth waiting for I reckon . Don't know exact time frame - maybe sooner if imported direct . HKS sell theirs as well for the GT3037 Pro S .

Cheers A .

disco,

i'm actually looking for a VG30/R34 (A/R .63) housing to suit my t3 turbo sitting at home, which will be going on my new car soon. :)

Hey Gun,

how much do UAS sell the VG30/R34 exhaust housings for?

SSSssshhhhhhhh, quiet about the whole vg30 zuast housing being the same as the r34 housings :)

UAS and other importers do not know that they are the same, if they find out the price of the r34 housing will go through the roof.

I talked to them about getting the z32 housing before I knew the r34 was the same and they said that they could not get it anymore, too hard to find...

Edited by GunMetalR33