SAU Community

Any Suggestions On Rear Speakers For R33?

leo2nv

hey guys and gurls .. i need new rear speakers for r33 series one.. im pretty sure they fit 6inch ??? correct me if im wrong.. i need to get new speakers... but im after sumthing good that will sound as loud as 6x9's ..

Anyone know any models and brands??

wait...

the stock rear speakers are 6ich?

why do i have 6x9s in mine? i HATE 6x9's... they sound so shit in comparison to a 6inch...

i never really looked, plus they have covers over them... im gunna check that out...

PS: i only hate 6x9's cause i normally run a lot of bass, so i dont need any more...

yeh any 6 to 6.5 inch speaker will fit.

being loud will come down to a few things such as what you run the speakers off how much power (wrms not just watts) and the sensitivity.

eg head unit will be about 16wrms depending on brand etc etc. if you run them off an amp that is 100wrms the amp will not distort at the same level as the head unit.

sensitivity has a part as well if your speakers have a sensitivity: 89dB/Wm a speaker that has a sensitivity 91db/Wm needs less power to produce the same sound as that with 89db/Wm.

i hope this helps mr 32

NOT JBL 6.5"!! I finally got around to putting my old amp in the car, and these new 6.5" speakers are terrible!

I'm going to pull them out and put Jaycar's kevlar 6.5" woofers in there, then run them off the amps crossover. Hopefully I won't need to put my sub in the boot!

i forgot the model number but i got fusion 6.5"ers (3 way) and i had kenwood kfc somethin 6x9's and the fusions crap all over for sound quality, loudness everything, i wish i could put them in my front doors but they are a bit too deep and i dont wanna resort to pods in the doors

ben...

I just replaced mine... you'll be looking for 6.5" speakers in the rears, and you'll be looking for 6" in the fronts.

I had to make a custom bracket for my rears 'cos I had 6" Polk's for my rears, and they were a little too small to fit in the stock plastic bracket... and I had to cut the front mounting brackets to fit the fronts!

Sound SO much better now. The stocks were 8w Clarion speakers, with NO surrounds. They'd eroded completely.

Yet to put my sub back in... gotta make myself a custom boot floor before I can do that though.

Hi Ya

If you are still looking to buy speakers for your R33. I have 2 pairs of near new Alpine 6 1/2 in Coaxial 2-way speakers 90watts Peak Output.

They cost me $299 a pair and I thought a fair price would be $150 per pair if you are interested.

I had them installed in a R33 GTR for about 3 months and this was the biggest I could install in the back.

If you are interested I can be contacted on 0407 883 263.

Regards

Duane