SAU Community

Contacting Hks- Need Help!

Kaido_RR

hey,

Im in search for a gasket (turbo->dump) for my HKS gt2835 Pro S, Jesse aka Streeter on these fourm has been helping me but by the looks of it you need a fax, to fax them the details..

So i was wondering if anyone wouldnt mind helping me out buying this gasket for HKS (its around 2400yen)

thanks michael :P:)

some information you may need

HD 6006J

GT2835 - 56 T

700177 - 5003

' date='26 Feb 2006, 08:13 PM' post='1981149']

hey,

Im in search for a gasket (turbo->dump) for my HKS gt2835 Pro S, Jesse aka Streeter on these fourm has been helping me but by the looks of it you need a fax, to fax them the details..

So i was wondering if anyone wouldnt mind helping me out buying this gasket for HKS (its around 2400yen)

thanks michael :P:)

send an international fax? and then let Jesse know, so he can ring straight away and follow up the fax?

What happened??? My post...

Anyway, folks I just wanted to let you know that theres no issue with sending faxes to HKS if you want stuff, they just want to know the exact part number, car chassis/VIN number etc kinda like a triple check? Good onya HKS :D

' date='3 Mar 2006, 07:26 PM' post='1994224']

Rezz, do you want me to send you all that information ?

I did, but my partner just gave HKS the details from one of his friends cars... he can only do it if his mates have the same car as the customer though.

It's isn't a prerequisite for purchasing, but alot of the larger companies want those details.

Your gasket will arrive for dispatch on Monday btw Michael :D

I did, but my partner just gave HKS the details from one of his friends cars... he can only do it if his mates have the same car as the customer though.

It's isn't a prerequisite for purchasing, but alot of the larger companies want those details.

Your gasket will arrive for dispatch on Monday btw Michael :D

Rezz, your a champ thanks aheap :):):D:):):):):)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What happened??? My post...

Anyway, folks I just wanted to let you know that theres no issue with sending faxes to HKS if you want stuff, they just want to know the exact part number, car chassis/VIN number etc kinda like a triple check? Good onya HKS ;)

Well when my misses phoned them perhaps she just gota really bad salesman THREE times.

first time was when he wanted the cars serial numbers... fair enough I spose but still pretty homo if you both know what car, engine and turbo you are talking about.

second time he reffered to the outlet pipe gasket (dump pipe) as a "turbo and extension front pipe" gasket when Akemi didnt know what he was talking about he got all sh!tty... who the f#ck makes up their own names for parts??

third time when we finally figured out WTF he was talking about he rudely requested a fax!

guess if you arent buying a million dollar turbo kit off them they dont care that much.

sorry but HKS... FAIL

Edited by Streeter

Well when my misses phoned them perhaps she just gota really bad salesman THREE times.

first time was when he wanted the cars serial numbers... fair enough I spose but still pretty homo if you both know what car, engine and turbo you are talking about.

second time he reffered to the outlet pipe gasket (dump pipe) as a "turbo and extension front pipe" gasket when Akemi didnt know what he was talking about he got all sh!tty... who the f#ck makes up their own names for parts??

third time when we finally figured out WTF he was talking about he rudely requested a fax!

guess if you arent buying a million dollar turbo kit off them they dont care that much.

sorry but HKS... FAIL

Jesse try getting a guy who knows about cars to call up (or do it yourself) and then see the response... I guarantee they change their tune when a guy with not much time to spare is on the other end of the phone :O

About the car serial numbers, their ordering system requires that field to be entered before they can process the order, Nissan JP do it too. My mate Ikeda just gives them a chassis number from a car they're working on (if it's the same model) and HKS are happy thereafter... it's stupid I know.

Hrrrrm Akemi isnt bad when it comes to cars and Ive been screwing around with cars for more than 12 years and even been a mechanic for a couple. I had no idea what an "extension front pipe" was, in Japan its called an "outlet pipe". Im not impressed at all, infact Im quite surprised at how bad they are... starts to make alot of shonky Australian garages look good! LOL

I've come across similar situations on several occasions now and, though I hate to reinforce yet another negative cultural stereotype, it's always been: "japanese men dealing with japanese women in a "mens' business" scenario. The standard conceptions of japanese customer service seem to go right out the window.

In fact, I was talking to another expat about my own tuner - and I was warned off because apparently they were very difficult to deal with, the guy's girlfriend was treated badly, and so on - but my own experience couldn't have been more different.

anyway, that's my 2c for today.