SAU Community

Busted! 141km

GTS4dood

Ah, yet another "how do I get away with it" thread. FFS man you shouldn't be driving if you cant tell the difference between 100kph & 141kph.

Now you're from NSW, where the road laws are stricter than here, but over here 40 over the limit is an instand impounding of your car & a dangerous driving charge, so why have you only been fined?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here you guys are giving the guy stick when he is really just asking for help when most of you drive 300rwkw cars + on the street. Im sure you never break the speed limit.

You can try and fight this in court mate. I knew a guy who had a problem with his speedo not working properly and he got the mechanic that did work on his car to write a letter to the court and document the issue and a copy of the invoice etc and he got off scott free.

So heres a story that goes in your favour.. good luck with it

Ok let me give a more considered answer; I have worked in the law for the last 7 years.

If you take it to court it will come down to luck. Ie; which Magistrate you draw.

I am not kidding. Ask any lawyer who knows what he/she's doing (and they are not as common as they would have you believe) and they will tell you the same.

Also, I am not saying I'm perfect but I know the diff between 100 and 140 km/h and as people have said, if you don't then you probably shouldn't be on the road. Maybe get your eyes checked as you might be blind in one eye and not know.

this 'ooh my speedo is broken" crap realy pisses me off..

why the hell dont people just take responsibility for things.....

btw guilt-toy.. ive sped before... but not 41km over the limit.... and before you say anything :D going 90 in the 80 zone is alot differant to going 141 in the 100 zone..

ahh dude i feel your pain, a month ago i got busted doing 34 kms over the speed limit in my R33 but now that ive had time to think about it. it was really stupid to be going that fast in the first place so just slow down, before u know it you will have no demirit points and no licence so just cop the penalty and realise that you just cant go 41 kms over the speed limit,its really not worth it just slowww down there are speed limits for a reason.

How is the story is going to help in this case?

If anything, admitting that the car was booked in for this particular problem to be fixed prior to being pulled over, is acknowledging the fact that you knew you were driving around in an unroadworthy vehicle, and continued to do so regardless.

:woot:

Well i so happened to be caught driving without a licence. I plead guilty and was let off witha section 10 meaning that i was found guilty of the offence but due to various reasons i was not convicted and didnt have to proceed with the penalties. Thats how. Lawyers are for rich boys with too much money or people that are too scared to go in and give it a go for themselves. All they do is stand in a suit and look pretty before they hand you the bill...

If you take it to court it will come down to luck. Ie; which Magistrate you draw.

yes very true. your odds are pretty good though.

im wondering if people read threads before posting ....

In my opinion you shouldnt have been driving... but you were, so therefore you should have been going slower, a lot slower than the posted speed limit to make sure nothing like this happened... especially someone who cant tell the difference between 110ish and 140ish ...

edit: was typing before slide wrote

Couldnt be bothered reading
Edited by akeenan

dog at my brekfast

speedo was reading wrong

lol

come up with something original atleast like:

you thought you wer ein a race

you were trying to get to maccas to pick up chicks with side burns

you were seeing how fast you had to go toget your baseball cap to fly off

you were proving to your passenger how small your nuts are

shit like that and thecop would have let you off non of this my speedo is shit stuff

tool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dog at my brekfast

speedo was reading wrong

lol

come up with something original atleast like:

you thought you wer ein a race

you were trying to get to maccas to pick up chicks with side burns

you were seeing how fast you had to go toget your baseball cap to fly off

you were proving to your passenger how small your nuts are

shit like that and thecop would have let you off non of this my speedo is shit stuff

tool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fatz. a (probably white) baseball cap won't wome off no matter how fast you go due to the fact that he would have had it on sidewayzzzzz or backwards in true fooli sick fashion.

I'm sorry to say that I believe you are now too old and mature since you didn't know this fact.

w3rd, fo shizzle, and insert other stupid made up words used by african american gangsters in movies, here.

Edited by GTST

Ok let me give a more considered answer; I have worked in the law for the last 7 years.

That’s exactly right... luck of the draw..... but at the same time there are very few forgiving Magistrates for people speeding..... and well the excuse is pretty lame as well.... if the speedo is busted, the car shouldn’t be driven...

Personally I think the only way you might of gotten off it was if you where on your way to the mechanic at the time of getting booked.... but since you weren’t ... Australia boasts a wonderfully shithouse public transport system.... have fun

Why do people bother posting, trying to make themselves look so much better than "gts4dood" when most of you people dont even know him! (i dont) I seriously wonder how many of you would leave your precious skyline at home if it had a headlight globe out, speedo not working, or a missing pedal pad.

this post is not directed at anyone in particular, just the few people who attack the person who posted, Instead of replying to the original question!

("Is there anyway i can get out of the points as this will see me catchin the damn train to work for the next year!")

I love how people on here own turbo skylines and pretend they never speed :P Except most people on here drive a skyline with a Functioning speedo!

I wonder how many people on here actually take it to the track, (Im sure there are a few mature skyline owners though)

There is hardly ever an excuse for speeding - but if you DO hammer your skyline now and again and post insulting, and abusive remarks toward the person who started the thread just for kicks, you should be ashamed of yourself.

You're only young once, hopefully you survive. Learn from other people's mistakes, not your own.

Edited by soon2b33

i dont think anyone is saying they dont drive there car unless its 100% roadworthy, but that they dont go complaining in court when they get busted blatantly breaking the law.

broken speedo or not, 141 in a 100 zone, thats ridiculous, and any moron can tell they are going that fast.

cop the fine and the penalty and drive when you get your licens back.

Well thanks to the people who had something constructive to say. As for the rest, i dont give a sh1t and have a good life. I was simply looking to see if somebody had been in the same situation and maybe offer some sort of advice. There's no need to pay me out. I know i was doing the wrong thing as i stated, and its affected alot of sh1t. I was going off what the speedo was indicating when i drove down to sydney sitting with traffic. I'm not a hoon, I was merging and there were no cars around me so i sped up to what i thought was roughly the speed limit, Ive never gone off the tacho. I now know that it was stupid to "guess" so to speak. but it was an enducated guess gauging off what i was doing when sitting with traffic.

The car had also been booked in for about 4 days before to get the speedo checked and recalibrated or whatever needed to be done but they couldnt get me in for over a week. I have no other way of getting to the places i needed to go (even public transport ). And thats why i was driving the car. There was no choice. Its as simple as that. No need to for useless comments that have no constructive feedback.

i dont think anyone is saying they dont drive there car unless its 100% roadworthy, but that they dont go complaining in court when they get busted blatantly breaking the law.

Exactly. Its amazing how when people jump up to defend the person who starts the thread for doing something completely stupid, that they miss the point of why everyone else is ripping into them.

The car had also been booked in for about 4 days before to get the speedo checked and recalibrated or whatever needed to be done but they couldnt get me in for over a week. I have no other way of getting to the places i needed to go (even public transport ). And thats why i was driving the car. There was no choice. Its as simple as that. No need to for useless comments that have no constructive feedback.

Was it a matter of life or death that you go? Were you heading to some place that magically lets Skylines in but not taxis?

And, regardless, unless it was a matter of life and death at that specific point in time you've still go no excuse for speeding. My original comment, that if you can't tell that you're doing 40km/hr over the speed limit by watching the scenery go by then you shouldn't have a license because you're too stupid to operate a motor vehicle, is still valid.

And it is constructive feedback:

"Do everyone a favour, and get your idiot ass off the road."

"Take a lesson in maturity, and cop your punishment for blatantly breaking the law."

Take your pick, or take both on board.

to those that said they have done similar and didnt know....LOL

doing 140km/h in a skyline....considering they sit at 2500-3000RPM in 5th gear at 100km/h, at 140 it would have to be 3500-4000RPM....if you cant work it out just by that, then hand in your license for good, not for 3 months.

well put, couldnt agree more.

rofl, lt's all been said

im sure i can tell the difference with how fast im going as so can everyone else. 140 and your motoring along fairly quickly.

if you can't go off the revs, how fast screnery is passing you by, ir just simply the engine nosie yoiu should be driving a sigma!

oh and if you gonna speed, dont get caught! rolf

PLEAD GUILTY!!! but say sorry my speedo was not working, i had realised this and booked it in to get fixed, i did not know what speed i was doing, but yes it is my fault! and im sorry, wont be happening again.

this will get you the shortest sentence