SAU Community

Hks Mini-jam

600ZILLA

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Qualified 12th. First round eliminations I cut a 'reasonable' light (.115) and punched the brakes through the traps to run a 12.12 @ 96mph. 2nd round went .003 on the tree, 1.668 for the 60' and broke out by a hundredth. (11.940 on an 11.950 dial).

Was totally worth going! Took 40 points in S/RWD for quarter-final lose. Points are now:

1/ Jeff (Blue Datto coupe JRB00M) - 140

1/ Mark Jacobsen (Friggin awesome GTR) - 140

2/ Me - 120

3/ 'BU5TER' - 100

4/ 'DRAGME' - 100

HUGE THANKS go out to the following people without whom, my competing could never have happened. I owe you guys! :thumbsup:

Lee and Ben (Filter) from Need for Speed Imports - towed the car all the way to QLD for me with almost NO notice whatsoever, crewed for me all day and helped out with every part of the day.

Mark (overev1) from Albion, QLD. Thanks for the place to crash, the help on the day and for showing me the reason I love this sport so much.

Gav - Mark's mate and rotary fiend. Thanks heaps mate.

Stuart from Bezerkly Automotive back in Wollongong for the "over-the-phone-tune" and strategy advice.

Thanks guys.

Adrian

Qualified 12th. First round eliminations I cut a 'reasonable' light (.115) and punched the brakes through the traps to run a 12.12 @ 96mph. 2nd round went .003 on the tree, 1.668 for the 60' and broke out by a hundredth. (11.940 on an 11.950 dial).

Was totally worth going! Took 40 points in S/RWD for quarter-final lose. Points are now:

1/ Jeff (Blue Datto coupe JRB00M) - 140

1/ Mark Jacobsen (Friggin awesome GTR) - 140

2/ Me - 120

3/ 'BU5TER' - 100

4/ 'DRAGME' - 100

HUGE THANKS go out to the following people without whom, my competing could never have happened. I owe you guys! :D

Lee and Ben (Filter) from Need for Speed Imports - towed the car all the way to QLD for me with almost NO notice whatsoever, crewed for me all day and helped out with every part of the day.

Mark (overev1) from Albion, QLD. Thanks for the place to crash, the help on the day and for showing me the reason I love this sport so much.

Gav - Mark's mate and rotary fiend. Thanks heaps mate.

Stuart from Bezerkly Automotive back in Wollongong for the "over-the-phone-tune" and strategy advice.

Thanks guys.

Adrian

Thats great 2rismo................as my Dad would say "you done good". WELL DONE.

All the effort was worth it. :thumbsup:

Stace & Paul.

Thats great 2rismo................as my Dad would say "you done good". WELL DONE.

All the effort was worth it. :thumbsup:

Stace & Paul.

Thanks guys - the phone-calls of support helped too!

Adrian

theo ran very low 10s all day with big mph 150 plus.. oops wheel spin . then broke a rear drive shaft in 2nd round racing..

Hahahaha!!!!! x lots!

If ANYONE else had broken a shaft, there would've been offers of spares and help and support from all corners. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Jeff in the blue datto didn't qualify (17th) and had fuel supply issues. As far as I know he ripped up the ET3 non-qualifier bracket once it was sorted.

2nd place - little rotary I think?!?! Anyone?

Personally I can't wait to get to WSID and run another 1.668 60' and 118mph :thumbsup: Other 60's were: 1.762, 1.759, 1.771, 1.774.

Adrian

Should have explained myself better.

This event has only been advertised for a couple months hasn't it?

Which is fine for spectators but possibly not some competitors who can take months saving and modding in preperation for an event like this.

Now im lookin forward to the Jambo up here and strongly thinkin about going to Sydney in May for the Compak attack to see who wins this sport RWD gig.

Cheers (from ex overev1>>>now gtr660hp) :P

Edited by gtr660hp

there wasnt as many spectators as at the usual jambo, but it was way better, not as crowded, u could actually sit where u wanted to and see the track, and bcoz it was a one day event like the old jambo's, there was non stop racing action, not like the 2 day event where they stop racing for like 4 hours and u got nothing to do but watch them crap around on stage to try and waste time. it was a much better event, and if it stay one day event, i can see it taking over the normal jamboree :P